Chapter 30

I put on one of Matt's t shirts and a pair of black shorts. I wore some eye liner and put my hair in a high ponytail. I slipped on my maroon Vans, that matched Matt's. It was the day before Matt's birthday and he didn't know I was coming over.

I walked to the guest room, where there was some wrapping paper under the bed. I had bought Matt two gifts. The first was a board that had a collage including me, him, and his friends. The second was a Vans backpack with a two shirts in side, as well as a gift card, candy, and other stuff.

I had to wrap the board which was fairly big. I liked it a lot. I got some wrapping paper that had Justin Bieber on it as a joke. I was kind of nervous that he wouldn't like my gifts.

I threw the backpack over my shoulder and carried the board, setting it in my mom's car. Matt was currently hanging out with his friends. My mom got in the car, and drove me to Matt's place.

His mom quickly let me in. "So what did you get him?" She whispered. I didn't really know why she whispered, because Matt wasn't home. I explained what I got him and she said that he would love it. She told me to hide the presents in the guest room, since he rarely went there.

I was upstairs, when Matt's mom yelled "Zoe, he is here!" Matt didn't exactly know that I was coming over. He thought I was busy. I quickly got on his bed, trying to look casual. The door swung opened and he walked in. "Hey Zoe." He casually said, walking into his bathroom. I was slightly confused. He then walked back. "Zoe!" He yelled like a little boy.

I got off his bed and walked to him. "You think I'd miss staying up for your birthday with you?" I hugged him. "I'm so happy your here." He kissed my head. "You like my shirt." I posed like a model as a joke. "You look sexy in my clothes." He winked.

It was currently 5 in the evening. "So what are we going to do?" He questioned. "We are going to the kitchen." I grabbed his hand and pulled him along. "And why are we going to the kitchen?" He frowned. "So we can be a cute couple and make your birthday cake." I giggled. "But my parents-" He began. "You're whole family has gone out." I finished.

"We are making a vanilla cake with chocolate chips in it." He beamed. I grabbed the ingredients. We began with the batter. But before we started, he got out his camera and set it somewhere. "So its 7 hours until Matt's birthday. Right now Zoe and Matt are making cake." He said to the camera. "Why are you talking in third person?" I said as he walked over to me.

We were putting the batter together. Matt learned how to crack an egg, which was a huge accomplishment. "Matt, did you open the bag of flour?" I asked. Matt walked to me with the bag. I told him to measure it out and put it in the bowl, and he did.

I got out the electric mixer and plugged it in. I mixed it first and then handed it to him so he could try. He began mixing it. "What would happen if I cranked it up?" He smirked. He knew exactly what would happen. "Matt, we both know you know what will happen." I cautiously said, covering my face. He then cranked it up, causing batter to go everywhere.

"Matt, turn it off!" I yelled. He did and somehow only I got batter over me, well besides the counter. He began cracking up. "Very funny." I crossed my arms, as he brought the camera close to my face. I groaned and cover the lens. He set the camera aside, as I went and poured the batter into the tray made for cupcakes. I opened the oven and set the tray in.

Burnie came running in and over to Matt. Burnie squeezed passed me, pushing me forward. My hand made contact with the 350° oven, for a second or two. "Shit." I yelled, holding my hand. Matt raced to me and closed the oven. "What happened?" He looked at me. I showed him my hand, which had a pink mark on it.

"It hurts so bad." I yelled, jumping up and down. He began blowing air on my hand and then pulled me over to the sink. He then held it under cold water, which stung it first but began to help. He turned off the water and then blew on my hand again.