Chapter 36

"Zoe, are you up?"

I had just woken up due to Matt's call.

"I am now." I groaned back, rubbing my eyes.

"Oh shit. Zoe you have 45 minutes to get ready!" Matt was almost scolding me through the phone.

"Why do I have to get ready again?" I spoke back, now more awake.

"Zoe, we are leaving to go to Ryan's wedding in 45 minutes!" My mom called from downstairs.

And soon after, Matt said the same thing.

"I'll leave you to get ready. I love you."

"I love you too." I said before, hanging up and running to the shower. How could I possibly forget. It was Ryan's wedding. I bet my brother was even ready, let alone my mom.

After my shower, I put on the dress that Matt had bought me. I didn't bother to look at myself until I had done my makeup. I was pleases with it and then curled my hair.

I then turned towards my mirror and

looked at my appearance. Everything looked fine, except for my legs. Ugh the didn't look good. It wasn't that the dress was a tight fitted, I don't know. I wasn't sure if it looked good on me.

I sighed and rushed down stairs with my clutch purse and phone. My brother was in the car, and my mom and I were locking up the house. I slipped on my heels and sat myself in the car.

We drove down to where the wedding was at. I wasn't quite sure of how it was going to end up, because it looked cloudy and like it was going to rain pretty soon. Hopefully, everything would go smoothly.

Matt's family had left early and if I had woken up, I could have joined them. But then again, Matt probably wanted to be there for Ryan.

We finally arrived to the place. It was decorated so beautifully. My eyes scanned the crowd, searching for Matt. Where was he? My brother had gone to Dylan and my mom found Matt's.

It was awkward standing alone. I felt like people were staring at me. I already wasn't happy with my legs and now people staring wasn't helping at all.

I stepped back, running into someone. "I'm so sorry." I said, before realizing it was Matt. "Where were you?!" I frowned. "I was behind you the whole time. I was going to say something but I just kinda kept staring at you." He scratched the back of his neck, feeling shy.

"You look beautiful, Zoe." He held my hand, playing with it. "Thanks." I said back, but he knew that something was up. I pushed my issue aside and wanted to move on. I wanted everyone, including Matt to have a good time.

"You look pretty spiffy yourself." I winked at Matt, fixing his suit.

"Let's go talk to all of your family that I haven't met." I smiled at him as we brushed past people to meet his aunt.

"Zoe, this is my Aunt Lisa." He motioned towards her. "Why hello there, is this the beautiful girl that is with my Matthew?" She smiled and I nodded.

After meeting his aunt, I got to meet a bit more of his family. Everyone was so sweet. Now we were going to meet his cousins. All of them were a few years younger than me. Except for one. There was a little boy, probably around 5 years old.