Chapter 18

It was Friday. Matt and I didn't talk much. I felt like he was keeping things from. He definitely was. Matt had broke up with Cara, after I told him about Keegan. Why? I had no clue. We would occasionally text. It was so awkward. I hated that.

I was at home. Matt had invited me over. He had called over Chelsea, and the other eight boys. He seemed to be completely fine with the break up. He gave the girl one week. Literally one week. How do you even do that?

I put on a black flowy top with high waisted shorts on. I did my make up a little darker and put my hair in a bun. I grabbed my phone and walked downstairs. I put on my vans. I penny boarded to Matt's house. The sun was setting and the sky looked pretty.

I made it to Matt's house. I was the last person to arrive. Gilinsky had opened the door. He had a soda in his hand. Matt didn't have alcohol at this party. Or that's what he told me. "Hey Zoe." Gilinsky hugged me. I followed him to where everyone was. I was guessing that Matt's parents were out somewhere.

Everyone was sitting near the pool. I sat in the chair next to Chelsea. Everyone was just talking. Hayes came and sat on the other side of me. We had formed a circle. "Since Zoe has joined us, let's start truth or dare." Cameron announced. Johnson handed me a coke and we started the game.

I opened my coke can and took a sip. I was a bit nervous and the fizzy drink made me feel better. I nervously watched the bottle spin. I wasn't a big fan of this game. It landed on Taylor. "Truth or Dare?" Everyone asked. Everyone had a say in what Taylor was to do. "Truth." He said. "Pussy." Nash yelled. I laughed a little. "How far have you gone with Chels?" Carter asked. Chelsea looked away with red cheeks. "We've made out, that's it." He said. "Aw." I said.

We spun the bottle. It landed on Shawn. "Truth or Dare?" Taylor asked. "Truth." Shawn said. "Um, what girl would you fuck from our school?" Taylor asked him. "Um, Mackenzie Little." He said. All the boys agreed with him, except for Taylor. Chelsea gave him a glare.

The sky was now pitch black. Matt's pool was lit up. It looked really nice out. It was warm with a little breeze. All of us were sitting under the stars. Maybe this wouldn't be too bad.

They spun the bottle. It landed on Nash. "Truth or Dare?" Shawn asked. "Dare." He said. "First dare of the night. Nice man." Cameron high fived him. "I dare you to jump into the neighbours yard, grab something and come back." Nash got up and we watched him. He jumped the fence. We waited for him to come back. He came back with a bag of charcoal from their grill. How did he even get that over the fence? "What the hell?" Carter laughed. Matt was laughing so hard. I couldn't help but smile.

The few rounds were hilarious. Maybe this wasn't too bad. Well I was only saying that because it hadn't landed on me yet. Everyone had gone at least once, except for Matt and I. Maybe luck was on my side.

The next one landed on Matt. Matt didn't look nervous at all. Gilinsky said "Truth or Dare?" "Dare." He replied. "I dare you to jump into the pool with all your clothes on. And after you get out, you have to sit for the rest of the game with your wet clothes on. No towel either." "Damn." Hayes said.

Matt slipped off his shoes. He was wearing a tank top and khakis that ended to his knees. He took off his snap back and everyone turned towards him. We were all ready to see this. Some of the boys got out their phones. He stepped back and then ran towards the pool. He did a back flip and hit the water. He swam up to the surface, shaking out his wet hair.

He got out of the pool, shaking himself off. His shirt, stuck to him. His pants had changed into a light brown. His hair was soaking. He was lucky that there was not a breeze anymore and just warm air.

The next one landed on Chelsea. "Truth." She answered the question. "Who was your first kiss?" Matt asked. She blushed. "It was in 1st grade. It was with this guy was friends with in Michigan. It was in the tree house in his backyard." She laughed. That was so cute.