-1-

^^Parmus up top^^ (You are free to imagine her as you please though)

PARMUS

I focused all my attention on the ticking clock, placed directly above Mr. Rice's desk. I let out a huff a breath, causing my lose strands to fly up. Only to cascade over my face a few seconds later.

"Parmus." I snapped my eyes up to meet Mr. Rice's brooding gaze.

Great, caught staring off into the distance again.

I couldn't help it, it had always been a struggle to keep my focus on one thing at a time. I had struggled with it since I was a kid and it frustrated me terribly.

I shifted uncomfortably as everyone snapped their heads in my direction. "Y-yes sir?"

He sighed.  "I asked wha-" The sound of the bell interrupts him mid sentence.

He furrowed his brow and shook his head. "Class dismissed."

I sighed in relief.

Saved by the bell.

I gathered all my books and then headed for the door. I passed a couple of pack members as I walked down the halls. The school was located in the pack grounds so no humans attended. We didn't want to risk our identity being discovered.

This was my last year in school since I just turned eighteen a few weeks ago. After eighteen you're free to do whatever you'd like. Many focus on pack life, and a very few go off to college. You would need to get approval from our alpha which was very unlikely. Only a select few had the option of leaving. He didn't believe in residing with humans unless necessary. He was more lenient to wolves joining other pack's to be with their mate, but that was about it.

Our pack consisted of about 800 wolves. It was safe to say, we weren't a small pack. I never got involved in pack life unless I absolutely had to. My father tried to keep me out of it. I didn't train like the others, and I didn't associate with them. Although sometimes I'd wish I was like the others. Alpha Landon accepted my father's wishes, but I was still required to attend pack meetings. My father was a pack warrior, along with my older brother Dalton.

I unlocked my black Nissan Altima, then threw my backpack in the back seat. I turned the air on max then started up the car. It was miserably hot this day. I don't know how I put up with it for so long.

I blasted 'Bad Suns' through my speaker and pulled out of the school parking lot.

I slowed down when my house came into view. I pulled into the garage then turned off the car. My dad and brother weren't home yet, as they usually got home around dinner time. I closed the garage then got out of the car.

Warriors had the option of living in the pack house or on their own. Of course, my father chose to live on his own. He was a loner at heart and enjoyed the solitude that came with living alone. The pack house was about a 15 minute drive so it was no problem.

I threw my backpack to the side as I walked into the house. We had a small three bedroom flat. It was fine with just my father, brother, and I. We didn't need anything too extravagant.

I walked into the kitchen and began making dinner. We only ate with the pack if it was mandatory, which was very rare. I boiled the pasta noodles and stirred the Alfredo sauce.

I stilled when I heard a knock at the door. I turned the burner to low heat then walked towards the door. After I unlocked the door and turned the knob, it revealed a smiling Nathan.