-2-

I stared at my reflection in the full length mirror. I wore grey leggings and a dark blue hoodie. The weather was fairly warm. It was coming towards the end of Winter and Spring was nipping at its heels. Spring's were great here in the south. It was a still a little cool but not freezing. For an outsider it might of take some time to get used to, but I've been here my whole life and I loved it.

I slid on a pair of white vans, then threw my hair in a high ponytail at the top of my head. I left my makeup neutral with just some mascara and lipgloss. I grabbed my phone off the charger then headed out my bedroom door.

The house was silent. It was 5:30 in the morning so my brother and father were asleep. Unlike them, I was a morning person and enjoyed waking up early. I hardly got any sleep through the nights anyway.

I made my way to the refrigerator. Removing the yellow sticky note placed on the door, I read it silently.

Don't forget to take your medicine.
~Papa

I sighed then placed the sticky note in the drawer with the other ones I collected over the years. I opened the fridge then pulled out the eggs and bacon. Grabbing a pan under the counter, I got to work.

After I finished making breakfast, I placed foil over my brother and father's plates. Grabbed a sharpie then wrote their names on the top of the foil.

I bit into my toast as I studied the pill bottle staring directly at me. I swallowed my food then sighed. I grabbed the bottle then opened it, letting two small capsules fall into the palm of my hand. I placed them in my mouth and chugged them down with a glass of water.

When I finished breakfast I shoved my phone into my pocket then headed for the door.

***

"Parmus!" Leanne's bright blue eyes lit up when she caught sight of me. Her thinning grey hair was held together in a low ponytail. Her eyes creased in excitement. She sat up in bed with her blanket wrapped tightly around her.

"Hello Leanne. How are you doing this morning?" I asked.

"Very well, thank you." She threw her legs over the bed and stood. I raced to her side and grabbed her arm.

"I can walk you foolish girl." She snatched her arm away from mine, causing me to laugh.

She meant no harm, she was just an independent she-wolf, and very stubborn. She always held some tricks up her sleeve. She was born with the gift to speak to the moon goddess, making her the only Oracle in the pack. The alpha grew greedy and began using her gifts for the wrong things. So a couple of years ago, she started putting on this facade that she was completely out of her mind.

I thought it was hilarious. The alpha no longer trusted her visions due to her unpredictable behavior. Only her and I knew the truth behind her facade. Alpha Landon assigned me to look after her since no one else was willing to go near her. I would try to visit her as much as I could, but Saturday's were our days.

"I had a vision last night." I sat down at the kitchen table as she made herself busy with the coffee maker.

"About what?" I asked, intrigued.

She slammed her fist against the coffee machine, causing me to jump. "Goddess I hate this stupid thing! Who names a coffee maker a Keurig anyways? What does that even mean?" I had to cover my mouth to stifle a laugh.