-11-

*Not edited* ( Sorry guys.)

OWEN

I sat at my desk, scrolling through my computer. Secretly trying to convince myself I was working, but in reality my thoughts were stuck on my mate. Her sky blue orbs popped in my mind every time I started focusing on a task. My wolf perked up every time she was near, wanting nothing more but to sink his teeth into her neck.

I had gone on runs plenty of times since she'd arrived. I successfully stayed in control of my wolf, but he fought back time after time to gain control and mark his female. The savage beast didn't understand the logistics of courting. I could sense the hurt from Parmus as I explained I wouldn't be pursuing us any time soon. She understood, but I sensed her wolf was on a different page as she reached out to mine.

I found it silly how people met their mates, then the next day they were fully mated. No foundation was built. The relationship was built to have problems. That's was not how this was going to work.

I didn't know her true intentions. I was pretty good with reading people, but Parmus intrigued me. She was still stuck in her shell, but she would break out, I'd make sure of it.

I yearned for Parmus to trust me and for me to do the same, but it would take some time. I couldn't let my emotions cloud my judgement, not this time.

I was brought out of my thoughts as Parmus entered my office. She smiled as her eyes met mine. "Hey." She fiddled with the hem of her jacket nervously.

I stood from my desk then walked over to meet her. "Hey, you ready?" Her eyes shot up to mine before she quickly nodded. I led the way out of my office with her following close behind.

My mother had been asking to meet Parmus since I told her the news. I knew Parmus was a little hesitant about meeting new people, so I didn't want to rush it. But I had a good feeling Parmus and my mother would take a great liking to each other.

I glanced behind me, noticing her falling behind and sighed. "Parmus." Her blue eyes slowly trailed up to meet mine. Ignoring the thoughts in my head I grabbed her hand and lead her out of the pack house.

The gazes of curious wolves landed on the two of as we traveled to my parents' house. Parmus casually slid behind me, not quite ready to be exposed to the eyes of unknown wolves. I smirked at the small action but said nothing.

I noted she closed up when she was around large crowds.

Was she timid?

Nah! I had thought back to my observations of her interactions with Genevieve and quickly ruled that one out.

Maybe she just didn't like being out of her comfort zone.

Shaking my head I led us up to the porch of my parents house. Before I could get a chance to knock the door flew open. My mother's grey eyes went wide as she stared between the two of us. Parmus slid her hand from mine and rubbed it against her arm nervously.

"I was just going to go look for you two." My mother said before she pulled me into a hug. Parmus stared down at her shoes awkwardly, not knowing what to do with herself.

My mother pulled away and brushed chestnut strands of her wavy hair behind her ears. She cleared her throat as she narrowed her eyes at me. Silently telling me to introduce my mate.

Rolling my eyes I placed a hand on my mother's shoulder as I turned to face Parmus. "Momma this is my mate Parmus." My mother pulled Parmus into a tight hug. "It's so nice to meet you honey." My mother pulled away slightly, but kept her hands on each side of her shoulders and eyes glued to her face. "You're as beautiful as Owen described."