-24-

OWEN

She slowly pulled away, her golden eyes going back to their normal blue. My eyes casted down to her now blood stained mouth.

Stumbling to her feet, she shook her head in shock as she took several steps back. I found myself touching the tender spot on my neck, then back at her.

She marked me...not to mention she marked me first.

"I-I-I'm sorry!" She ran her hands through her hair.

"Parmus it's okay, just calm down." I said as I stood to my feet.

She closed her eyes tightly. When she opened then she wasted no time as she turned to leave the bathroom in a hurried pace.

I quickly caught her arm and pulled her closer to me. Fear traced her face as she tried to squirm out of my grip. My eyes landed on her neck then back to her eyes.

Getting my silent message she shook her head. "No! Please don't!"

I tilted my head to the side before a sigh left my lips. "Don't make this harder than it has to be...j-just don't."

I didn't want to be a díck, but I couldn't just go out with her mark and she walked around without mine, it was very one sided. Typically wolves who did this did it to punish their mates. They'd mark their mate but wouldn't allow their mate to mark them. I knew that wasn't Parmus's aim, but still it had to be done for my piece of mind.

"I...will it hurt?" She rose her eyes to meet mine.

"Only for a little bit, I promise." I said honestly.

Her hands shook nervously as her eyes darted around the room. "Okay...just hurry before I change my mind." I sighed in relief before I took a step towards her.

She gasped as I lifted her up and placed her on the counter.

I tilted her head to the side, exposing her neck. I ran my hand soothingly through her hair as my teeth elongated.

There was no turning back now. My wolf was out and demanded her submission.

Part of me wished the circumstances were different, but it was what it was. I mean is there ever a perfect time to mark your mate? All that fairytale shít just left people with a bunch of false hope and broken promises.

I leaned forward causing her to shake a little.

"Relax."

She nodded, telling me to continue.

I wasted no more time as I dug my teeth into her neck. Her nails dug into my shoulder as she attempted to squirm away. I ran my tongue over the mark, a hint of pride radiating from my wild and I.

Her emotions quickly entered my mind as I stumbled backwards in shock. The sense of fear and confusion caused me to become overwhelmed. I could feel her all over, judging by her straight expression she was experiencing the same thing.

And just like that, everything shut down as she quickly put her walls up. She sighed in relief as she successfully blocked me out of her mind.

I tried not to think too much into it, but I couldn't quite understand her reasoning. I could feel her emotions but not read her mind...so it left me confused on why she blocked me out.

What was she hiding?

Lost in my thoughts I didn't notice her get up and leave.

She was upset. Even with her walls up I could sense it.

Sighing, I slid into bed trying to forget tonight's events. Hopefully tomorrow would be a better one.

***