-15-

OWEN

I gestured for my sister to take a seat in one of the chairs in front of my desk. She sat down and crossed her arms over her chest, a smirk present on her face.

Titus and the pups were getting settled in on the second floor, but my sister insisted to speak with me privately so I agreed. Why it couldn't wait until after dinner or tomorrow I didn't know.

"So your mate is from Silvercrest pack. Now that's irony at its best." I rolled my eyes at her comment. "Brinn..."

She shook her head and smiled. "I'm just messing with you O. I'm sure she's great."

"She's really quiet. I'm having a hard time bringing her out of her shell." I confessed.

"Don't. We tried that with Kohl and that shít backfired. She'll open up when she's ready." I nodded in agreement.

She thrummed her nails against my desk, driving me insane, but I knew that meant her mind was cooking up something for her to spit out. "Penelope." She stated.

"Ugh...I knew this was coming." I ran my hands over my face and sighed.

"Sweet girl, honestly I love her. But you need to stay away from her until she understands you mean business." I was so fed up with people telling me how to do things. Penelope was just my friend and nothing more.

"I haven't seen her in days. I'm not like Titus Brinn." Her jaw clenched as she dropped her gaze to her lap.

I sighed as the guilt quickly reined in. I had brought up old wounds that she wasn't ready to hear. "Brinn I'm sorry." She shook her head before her eyes met mine. "No, you're right Owen. You're not like him." She shot me a reassuring smile, silently letting me know we were okay.

Titus and Brinn's relationship used to be toxic in my opinion. I'm just glad they worked through their differences and made it work. I think Titus knew better than to betray my sister again. If he did I wouldn't hesitate to kill him. He had already put her through enough and I wouldn't allow my sister to fall astray again.

"Are you still training Kohl this summer?" Her eyes lit up as she spoke about her pup.

"Of course." I knew my nephew would make a great alpha. He already carried himself well and looked out for the others of his pack.

Brinn and I both glanced at the door as we heard voices outside. She shook her head, paying it dust. "So what's going on with you and Daddy? Don't think I didn't sense the tension when he and momma joined to greet us." She said crossing her arms over her chest.

"I can't make one decision without him disagreeing with it. He doesn't respect me as alpha and it's starting to affect the way the pack looks at me." She stayed silent for a few seconds then nodded. "You know how daddy is. Besides, everyone knows you do what's best for the pack. Quit worrying about what they think."

Sighing, I shook my head. "I can't believe I'm taking advice from you of all people." She glared at me. "Hey I give good advice!"

I shrugged. "Yes, but you seem to have trouble following your own advice." Her eyes drifted off into the distance as she thought about my words.

"Let's go, I'm sure you're hungry." Her eyes lit up as her lips formed into a smile. "You know me so well little bro." I stood then lead her out of my office.

After asking around, we discovered everyone was already at my parent's house waiting for us. The door was unlocked so we just walked in. Once my sister got a whiff of the food, she took off. Titus and Kohl were in the living room watching hockey. Kohl's blue eyes lit up as his team scored a point. "Ha take that!" He said to his father. "The game is not over yet." He said as he ruffled his son's curly brown hair.