-20-

My night consisted of me glancing at the lock on the door and the windows every fifteen minutes. I would doze off for about thirty minutes then snap back into the cycle of panic, beating myself up for falling asleep.

The next morning I crashed. It was just one of those days where I felt completely gloomy and unmotivated. I wasn't myself and I knew it but there was nothing I could do. This happened to me every once in a while, even with the medicine it still tended to happened. My father and brother stayed away on these days as they knew I just wanted to be alone. But being in a new space made me feel even more low.

The hardest part for me was getting out of bed, but I forced myself regardless. I couldn't fall into this, it's what she wanted. After brushing my teeth and washing my face, I changed into something comfortable, a pair of black sweats and a matching black hoodie. I brushed my hair and let it fall down my back in loose waves then collected my things for class.

My room was a mess, but I wrote it off and decided to clean it up when I got back from school. I shrugged my backpack on then walked out of my room, avoiding the full length mirror at all cost.

The kitchen was empty like usual morning. I had heard Owen shuffling around in the kitchen an hour before I woke up and knew he'd be gone. I grabbed a croissant then then left for the garage.

Genevieve and I nearly ran into each other as I reached the last step of the stairs. "Sorry about that Parmus." I shook my head. "Don't worry about it." I shrugged my shoulders then proceeded to walk away, but she grabbed my arm and turned me around to face her again. "Woah you look like how I feel."

"How do you feel?" I asked, suddenly worried about her well being. "Eh, I've just been feeling sick lately." She released her grip from my arm with a weak smile. "I hope you feel better. Do you want me to get you anything?" She shook her head. "Nah, that's what I got a mate for, but I hope you feel better too. For whatever you're going through right now."

"Thanks Genevieve." I turned on my heel and walked to the garage.

I was seated in my car when I let up the garage door to reveal a downpour of rain. Great, just what I needed. I reversed the gear then pulled out of the driveway.

Surprisingly I made it too school with no issues. Before I left the car, I pulled my hood over my head and tightened the strings so it fit perfectly around my head. I wasn't late today, so I could successfully walk at a normal pace. I didn't want to be at school today, but I had already missed too many days.

Mrs. Sharp's eyes landed on my hoodie the seconded I entered the room. I removed my hoodie before she could say anything then took my usual seat in the back.

"Hey." Esther said as she took her seat next to mine. "Hey." I kept my eyes focused on my economics book. She eyed me a few times but stayed silent. Closing my eyes, I tried to focus on anything but the loud typing sounds coming from Esther's phone as she typed at an intense speed.

I nearly jumped out of my seat when my phone chimed loudly. I shot a sheepish smile Mrs. Sharp's way as she narrowed her eyes. "Class is about to begin, silence all phones now." I nodded then reached for my phone.

After putting my phone on silent mode I read the new message I had from Owen.

Owen:
Are you okay?

I debated on responding, but I didn't want to lie and I also didn't want him to worry so I avoided the question the best way I could.

Me:
In class, talk to you later.

I slid my phone into the jacket of my hoodie then focus led on Mrs. Sharp's lecture. My breath caught as my phone began to vibrate, someone was definitely calling me. I prayed it wasn't too loud to gain Mrs. Sharp's attention. When the call ended I visibly relaxed.