-10-

Genevieve shook her head as I grabbed my 5th hoodie. It might have been comical to her, but I was dead serious. It was freezing here and until I got used to the temperatures I was bundling up. "The temperature should warm up in a couple of months." She reassured.

"A couple of months!" I said in disbelief. She shrugged her shoulders, giving me a sheepish smile. I shook my head and sighed. "It's fine." I said more to myself.

We had been to Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, and Zara when we finally decided to load our things into the car. I had an assembly of different clothing items I couldn't wait to wear. Genevieve was a bit of a shopaholic and had more fun on our outing than I.

I was more of an online shopper. I didn't like crowds so it always worked out better for me to get things in the mail. "A few more stores then we're done." Genevieve stated.

"No I couldn't. You've already bought me too many things." I didn't like asking people for money. It even made me uncomfortable taking my weekly allowance from my father, but he always insisted.

"Relax, Owen gave me his card to get you whatever you wanted. Don't think too hard about it. He takes care of all the members of his pack." I sighed then nodded.

I was overthinking again, something I tended to do a lot. As we walked back into the shopping center, I looked down at my phone after I felt it vibrate.

Dalton:
How are you?

Me:
I'm okay Dalt

Dalton:
Good. I'll check in with you later.

I shoved my phone into my jeans pocket before we walked into Victoria's Secret. I was thrown off as we entered the athletic wear section. "You need training clothes. I like their athletic clothes the best so..." She explained

"But why do I need training clothes?" I asked, even though I already had an idea. "Everyone in the pack from 13 and up is required to train. Except for the elders and those with special medical conditions of course." I wasn't sure about the whole training thing, it scared me. There was a high possibility of someone getting hurt. Most likely me.

I sighed then began skimming through the clothes. Genevieve explained that I would be training with Carter for the first few weeks to learn the basics. Then when I was ready, I would join the other females. Even though Carter didn't seem to take a liking to me, I was still grateful I wouldn't have to be thrown into the lion's cage with the other females. From what Genevieve told me, they were vicious. Something I wasn't accustomed to.

We made a quick stop to the supplies store to get a few school supplies after we left Victoria's  Secret, then headed home. By the time we got home, I was exhausted. It was only 4 in the afternoon, but it felt and looked like 10. Especially with the dark and cloudy skies.

Genevieve helped me carry my things to my room then left. I was in the middle of putting away my things when I heard a knock at my door. "Come in." I said as I hung one of the last pair of jeans in my closet.

Walking out of the closet, I was caught off guard as Owen stood in the middle of my room. His eyes landed on mine as a smirk made it's way to his face. "How'd the shopping go?" He asked.

"It was okay." Nodding, he took a seat on my bed as I stood there awkwardly. "My nosey sister and her family are coming next Friday." He said, eyeing me then the spot next to him on the bed.

My feet automatically moved towards the bed, before I sat down beside him. "My parents also want to meet you, so my mom is hosting lunch at her house tomorrow. If that's okay with you?"