-19-

When Owen said he would be outside, he meant it. After I woke the next morning I walked to the window in the living room to find sitting on the edge of the steps eating an apple. Protecting his female from any threat that dared to come our way. I felt bad that he had to sleep outside all night, especially with the snow still falling.

I was sitting at the kitchen table when I heard a knock at the door. My wolf was edge and angry she wasn't getting what she wanted, so I wasn't surprised when a growl escaped my mouth. I blindly opened the door and smiled as Esther stood in front of me. "Oh wow, you're a sweaty mess." I rolled my eyes then moved to the side so she could come in.

After she was inside the cabin, I glanced around the porch in search of Owen. "He went hunting. Beta Carter is guarding off in the distance." Shrugging my shoulders I closed the door and went to join her at the table. "Goddess is freezing in here." She tightened her coat around her.

"Sorry." A said with a sheepish grin. She studied my face for a while then sighed. "You look horrible Parmus. I know the feeling though. It sucks we have to go through every six months, but males can walk around all free and shít. Pathetic." She said with a look of disgust.

"Yeah it does, but it is what it is." I said with a shrug. She shook her head then reached into her bag. She slid a medicine bottle to me as she glanced around the room nervously. "Here, my sister wanted you to have this. I know they say you shouldn't go against the moon's will and all that crap, but this shít is painful."

"What does it do?" I asked as I studied the bottle. "It knocks you out." She said with a straight face. "My sister normally only prescribes it to wolves who are too weak to handle heat, but Parmus we're worried about you. You're mated to an alpha and-and..."

"I'm weak." I finished for her. She shook her head. "That's not what I said."

"But it's what you meant." She sighed then glanced down at her lap. "Does Owen know about this?" Her eyes snapped up to meet mine. "Yes." I used my hand to stop the trail of sweat from trailing down my forehead.

"Parmus, Your wolf is stronger and more dominant than you, she'll get her way one way or another." This time my eyes snapped up to hers. "Oh."

"It's odd though. There's dominance dripping off of you and Owen hasn't even marked you yet. I have to stop myself from submitting every time I enter the same room as you." I shrugged my shoulders, I had no words to say as I didn't know much about it.

"Are you sure your parents aren't alpha's?" I nodded my head. "Yeah, my Mom was ranked an Omega and my dad a warrior." She pursed her lips as she thought of an explanation.

"I don't know Parmus, that's pretty strange. Maybe you should talk to your dad about it." I sighed and stared down at my silent phone on the table. "Maybe."

Deep down I knew there wasn't anything to talk about. Wolves were supposed to be a little stronger than the human side. They were the ones that guided us in life or death situations. It was when the human became stronger than the wolf when it became a problem. So I couldn't understand why I was the one being singled out.

Esther pulled a container out of her bag and placed it on the table. "My mom made you some soup. Eat then take that, okay?"

I thanked her then eyed the tablets. "How long will I be out?" She shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know." She stood and walked towards the door. "I'll see you later okay?" I pulled her into a hug then watched her leave out of the cabin.

After closing the door I walked over to the table and stared down at the two tablets. I couldn't do it, I knew I couldn't do it. I didn't like going against the better food, but I just couldn't.