-23-

OWEN

I sighed before I closed the book in my hand and placed it on my desk. Nothing made sense to me lately. Between Parmus and my Alpha duties I had been extremely busy lately. I constantly had a book in my hand as I tried to research ways to help my mate.

It was now Monday evening and I was still at a lost. I couldn't dwell on things as I knew Estella would be here any minute.

Right as I sank into my desk chair, the doors to my office swung open. I shook my head and buried my head in my hands as Carter scrolled in. "She's crossed pack boarders but I want to run some things by you before she arrives." I snapped my head up and nodded for him to proceed on.

He sat in one of the chair in front of my desk then spoke. "Don't underestimate her. She might be small and fragile, but the girl can hold her own." I rolled my eyes and chuckled at his warning. "Yeah, Okay dude."

He sighed then stood. "Well I warned you." I did my research and was well aware of Estella's abilities. It didn't take me long to point out someone's weaknesses.

Estella arrived fifteen minutes later. She was fairly short with dark brown eyes and pitch black hair. Carter lead her into my office where she took the seat in front of my desk. Carter and I locked eyes before he shook his head then closed the door behind him.

My eyes landed on Estella, her face was completely void of emotion as she tried to read me the same way I did her.

Finally I cleared my throat. "I have to admit, I'm quite surprised you didn't bring any of your warriors into my office with you." I smirked.

She showed up with a good amount of warriors so it surprised me she didn't allow any of them to join her.

"I can assure you I can handle myself." Her eyes narrowed, daring me to try her.

"I don't believe otherwise." I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"You want to form an alliance with my pack in order to take down the Silvercrest Alpha, am I right?"

I was caught off guard with her statement, but tried not to show it. Word got around fast...

"Correct."

"No."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "No?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "Why would I do that when I can just simply do it myself? I want that kill, and I refuse to share it with anyone else. Plus his pack would make a great addition to mine." My laughter filled the room in response to her statement.

Her eyes darkened as she tried to compose her anger.

"If you could take Alpha Landon down you would've done it a long time ago. But you can't because he wiped out half of your pack a few years ago and you haven't been able to grow your numbers since. Your pack is falling and in a few years it will be nonexistent. I know for a fact that your father sent you here to accept this deal and anything less will cause chaos in your pack. So if you want to keep playing games we can keep playing...I have all night."

All of a sudden she snapped. I didn't have time to mentally prepare myself as she quickly grabbed the letter opener from my pencil holder and dug it into the back of my hand, pining me to my desk. I stared at my hand then at her in shock. "You fúcking bítch!"

She stood then straighten herself. "I will accept your offer, but understand I am not one to be messed with!" She turned and walked towards the door. "Well discuss terms this Saturday."