-12-

PARMUS

I sat down on the plush floor in my bedroom as I stared at the white wall ahead of me. I had been here for about an hour, not able to move.

The talk of my mother was the last thing I wanted to get brought up, but of course like an idiot I had to hint towards it by mistake.

I had never felt so much hatred towards anyone in my entire life. My mother was the source of my disorder that I had tried to rid of thousands of times. But in the end, it always came back to surface. It made my everyday life a struggle, and the only way to have a semi normal day required me being medicated. I hated it. I hated her.

Taking a deep breath, I ran my hand over my face. I had to get this under control before I had another...incident.

My wolf paced in the back of my mind, worried about my mental state. Maybe going on a walk would clear my mind. I stood then grabbed my black coat and converse. After I changed I left the room.

I had just left the pack house when Genevieve walked up to me. "Hey where you going?" She asked with a smile.

"Just for a walk." I shrugged.

"Okay, don't get too close to the boarders." I nodded then continued on my way.

Not many wolves were out at this time. I assumed they were getting ready for dinner. Either way I was grateful I had dodged the eyes of new wolves. I tightened my arms around my chest as the chilly breeze passed by. It was freezing, and I was slowly starting to regret this idea.

I wasn't sure how long I had been walking when my wolf's ears peeked up at the sound of water. Walking closer to the pond, I stilled at the sound of voices. I walked a little closer to get a better view when my eyes widened as they landed on Owen and Penelope. Owen pulled a distressed Penelope to his chest.

So many questions ran through my brain that I began to feel dizzy. My wolf on the other hand, had her teeth bared as her eyes landed on the threat.

Penelope.

Before I could stop what was happening, my wolf took over as I shifted into my fur side. She pushed me into the back as she let out a murderous growl, causing Penelope and Owen to quickly pull apart with wide eyes. I desperately tried to gain back control, but my wolf pushed me back further before she charged for Penelope.

We were both on two different pages. In her mind Penelope was the threat that needed to be eliminated. In mine, it was Owen who had some explaining to do. But in the end my wolf had her way as she bared her teeth, ready to strike.

She was only a foot away when Owen grabbed us by the scruff of our neck, holding us back from attacking. Penelope stood there shaking in fear. "Go!" Owen demanded her, as my wolf fought to get free herself and put Penelope in her place.

She quickly nodded, then ran in the direction of the pack house.

Owen lifted us so we were face to face. "Stand down!" He ordered, but my wolf wasn't having it as she took a shot for his shoulder, only to miss.

He tightened his grip on our neck, causing us to cry out in pain. "This is your last warning. Stand down!" His canines elongated as his eyes transformed into his wolf's. Getting the message, my wolf showed him our neck in submission.

With a low gruff, he loosened his grip a little and began walking back towards the pack house. The crisp cold air padded against our face as we hung next to his leg. My wolf retreated to the back of my mind, giving me back full control. I held my head low, ashamed of what I almost let happen.