-8-

*Not edited (sorry)*

Once we were off of pack lands, I felt a big weight lift off my chest. My wolf settled down in the back of my mind. Her head held low and her eyes gleaming with curiosity. She was sad to leave our father and brother but longed for the affection of our mate. I, on the other hand, was having a hard time grasping the situation. No one asked me how I felt about the situation, not even my father. They just...sent me away.

It wasn't uncommon to leave with your mate once you found them, but I just didn't know what to make of this specific situation.

Bringing my knees to my chest, I stared out of the window as we passed through a busy highway. I had never been outside of the pack, so my curiosity was peaked as I took in my surroundings.

"How old are you Parmus?" I released a shaky breath as my name slipped from his mouth. "I turned 18 a month ago." He released a sharp breath that had me staring at him from the corner of my eye in confusion.

"So you're still in school then?" I nodded then focused my attention on the road in front of me. "What about you?" I asked.

I caught him glancing at me from the corner of my eye a few times. "I'm 22." I sighed in relief. He didn't look too old, but I had to be sure.

The rest of the ride was left in silence. Once we pulled next to the jet, my anxiety crept forward. I haven't been on a plane since I was little, but I had seen plenty of movies with plane crashes so I was terrified. Alpha Owen was collecting my bag out the back when I gained enough courage to exit the car.

He walked around to my side and placed his right hand on my back. I instantly tensed up at the foreign feel of my mate's touch. He noticed my uneasiness and slid his hand into his pants pocket.

Once we reached the plane, he handed the keys to the SUV and my bag to a middle-aged man standing at the bottom of the jet's stairs. They had a quick conversation before Alpha Owen turned and gestures for me to go first.

I slowly made my way up the stairs as my heart began to beat fast in my chest. Stopping at the entrance of the jet, I turned around nervously. Contemplating my next move. "Go on." He said as our eyes met. I took a deep breath then walked into the jet.

As soon as I got two steps in, I instantly panicked and turned to make a run for it. Only to run into my mate's hard chest. He grabbed both my arms and stared down at me in concern. "Hey calm down. Your heart is beating really fast."

I shook my head as my eyes began to pool with unshed tears. "N-no please don't make me. I c-can't." Sighing, he grabbed my arm and pulled me towards our seats. I tried to resist by pulling away but quickly failed as he easily placed me into the seat.

He buckled me into the plane seat then took the seat next to me. Closing my eyes I focused on my breathing, trying to stop my meltdown before it got too out of hand like last time.

"Alpha." My eyes fluttered open as Carter appeared, taking his seat directly across from us. He narrowed his eyes once they landed on mine. I sunk into my seat and dropped my gaze to my lap.

Before we took off  Alpha Owen handed me a couple of things from my bag to keep me distracted.

Takeoff was pretty rough for me, but once we were in the air, I couldn't keep my eyes off the window.

"Is this your first time flying?" I nodded, not taking my eyes off the window. I felt his eyes on me as I settled into my seat. Carter was sound asleep at this point, which put me at ease. He made me nervous.

I glanced at Alpha Owen, our eyes meeting. He quickly stared down at the papers he was reading. Peering over his shoulder as discretely as possible, I was surprised to see more drawings than words. "What are you reading?"