Let's Play Pretend (Sam Ft. Dean)

"I hate this so much Dean. I hate you," You complained as you crossed your arms. You leaned on the table and glared at him.

"Wait what? Why do you hate me?!" Dean panicked. You squinted and huffed. You didn't have a reasonable answer for that. "Oh you know why! I'm stuck with your brother now!" You slightly yelled. "Well it's not my fault that brick fell on top of my ankle while I was trying to save your life!" Dean shouted and you gulped.

You sighed and walked over to him. "I'm sorry baby. I'm just... You know how me and Sam are," You said and softly smiled. He kissed your hand and you ran you fingers through his hair.

Two days ago, you were on a hunt for vampires and a brick fell on Dean's foot, just like he said. What's up with you and Sam is, well... It's a story that goes back a long way.

You met Dean a few years ago at a bar. You felt an immediate attachment to him and he to you. He had told you that his brother was gone, dead, from some big sacrifice. You didn't want to push him much into giving details.

A while later, the only family member you had, your brother, turned up dead. You were extremely upset. You ended up moving in with Dean, you had nowhere else to go. It was after this you started learning more about the supernatural world, keeping the idea in mind that this could have killed your brother.

After quite some time, Dean's brother turned up out of nowhere and that's when you put the pieces of the puzzle together, all of it pointing to Sam Winchester being your brother's killer.

Even though he was soulless at the time, you had grown to despise him. Now though, you spend most of your time around him because of Dean, you can surprisingly survive being in the same room with Sam.

Dean looked up to you from where he sat on the couch. You leaned down and pecked him on the lips. "Just take it as a case. You don't have to be serious with him," Dean said and you nodded.

"But... I would have liked it if I could go with you," You smiled. "Maybe next time... Maybe for real," He winked at you and your face grew hot.

You sighed, "I don't want to go. Not with Sam, please. Do we need to go to the open house?"

Just then Sam entered the room.

"Speak of the devil," You said and placed a hand on your hip, "Well I guess that does actually apply to you, given you were Lucifer's vessel at a point in time." He rolled his eyes and walked towards the table and picked his duffel bag up.

"You know [y/n], I don't like this as much as you do, okay? But news flash, live with it!" Sam huffed and checked his phone. You took a deep breath and looked at Dean. Your boyfriend looked genuinely concerned.

"Let's go," Sam said and walked past you, missing your shoulder by a centimeter. "Kill me," You mouthed to Dean and he looked at you, shaking his head and sighing.

*****

It was hot. You couldn't tell whether it was the fact that the air conditioning was set high or it was the tension in the car.

You stretched your fingers, opening and closing your hand. Sam had his eyebrows furrowed. He didn't even dare to look anywhere but the front.

You were glad you sat in the back. It would have been too awkward if you sat right next to him.

It wasn't that Sam wasn't a nice guy. He's such a sweet heart but you just... Don't like him. The little bit you like him is because of Dean.

"Are we there yet?" You hesitantly asked. Sam cleared his throat and gripped the steering wheel tighter, "Almost." You sighed. You were tired of counting the trees along the pathway.