Chapter One

Okay so this is being extremely edited in my free time. The plot will stay the same, but there are some major things I'm gonna change. Shout out to my two best friends and sisters I can never survive without, Bookshelf_Author
Stalker_Child
Thanks guys I love you ❤

~~~

What would it be like, if you were almost always hurt? If you were afraid of your own father? If you can't look in one direction, without being called a Stiff? I know how all those feels like. And they hurt. This is my story. One that no one knows about.

The one that no one speaks of.

Welcome to my world.

My name is Rosemary Eaton. I am twelve years old, and I have a fifteen year old brother. My brother's name is Tobias Eaton. He is the only person that keeps me sane.

He is the only person that stops me from killing myself. It's honestly so easy. I can steal a gun, or grab a knife from the kitchen.
A pull of the black trigger, or a thrust of the knife into my chest. I want the abuse to be gone. I want the hurt, to be demolished.

But Tobias won't let me.

He keeps me safe from the blows that our father brings. He keeps me safe from his rage. From his belt. And even though it hurts him so much, he doesn't say anything about it. My Tobias is getting hurt because of me, and he won't let me take any of the hits. But he does talk to me. He does tell me his feelings. And even though that's against Abenagation's rules, he still talks. And I talk to him.
I tell him ways to help him heal. To help his scars heal.
I love him. I love my brother.

But I can still remember the kicks. The punching, and the new disgusting ways to hurt us. Marcus is always coming up with brutal new ways of torture. He even used knifes on us. Flames that burn skin, and needles that pierce the skin.

But right now none of that is on my mind. My mind is on that girl my age I see in school. Tobias told me about her once. He said that we'd be good friends. And I needed
friends. So now Marcus is at work, and I prepared muffins to take to her, her brother and her parents. Tobias, of course, had been selfless and had helped me baking them. Since Tobias cooks for Marcus and I, making baked goods and delicious chicken, he knows how to cook and bake really well.
I don't say anything. I need the help.
After three batches of burnt muffins that I made, Tobias does the next batch. He said the time is too long. Thank goodness I have him.

Tobias tells me to go get ready. So I go upstairs, and into my room. I grab a brush, and pull out a mirror. We are not supposed to be using mirrors. But it's only I and Tobias in the house. So I bend the rules a little. I brush my long tangled hair. It flows down to the center of my back. It's brown, curly, and mangled but it can be beautiful when I want it to be. And right now, that's what I'm going for. I run the brush through my hair, tugging on annoying knots when I come across them. Then, I pull my hair into a quick bun. I straighten the clothes I wear, and decide to head down the steps to be with Tobias before I leave.

"Tobias I'm really nervous. What if they don't accept the muffins? What if Ella doesn't want to be my friend?" I ask worriedly. Tobias smiles and shakes his head.
"All these 'what ifs' are going to give you gray hairs. Calm down. But if you really want 'what ifs' then I'll give you some. What if she becomes your bestest friend? What if her parents love you? What if the two of you go to the same faction as each other when you turn sixteen? Think of all those good things Rosemary. I know that Ella will accept you."
I smile widely at my brother. He's amazing. Abenagation is hiding that, and he knows it.
But, what faction does he want to choose? Wherever Tobias goes, I want to go as well.