Chapter Six

This chapter is dedicated to Lil_LassKicker, JuliaBrynnn,sofiaarm_ and divergentascendant. Once again thank you for everything. Especially the comments and votes. I will do my best so that you can enjoy this chapter and the rest of the chapters to come.
************

I wake up to an alarm. I groan. I wish I had more time to sleep. I also wish Tobias didn't have to sleep on the floor.

"Wha-" he says getting up slowly. His eyes slowly and groggily open. His side hurts. And right now, that's obvious.
"School." Tobias mutters.

Crap. Do I have to go to school today?

Yes. Yes in fact I do. Ella and Troyer. I'm going to have lunch with them at school. Then we'll go to the park.

Suddenly I feel motivated. I look at Tobias. I don't think he'll be too happy that I'm going to make him move.

"Tobias." No answer.
"Tobias." Still no answer.
I sigh. My life.
"TOBIAS GET UP" I yell and Tobias jumps and then groans holding his side.
I'm to busy laughing.
"Rosemary Eaton I was sleeping." Tobias says glaring.
"Tobias Eaton WE HAVE SCHOOL." I state. Tobias, still glaring, says "Okay mother whatever you say." I giggle. He walks out of the room, and I'm guessing he's going to use the bathroom. I get up, looking at my arm. It's still bandaged, but at least it's not bleeding anymore. Nonetheless it's good enough.
Tobias may not be a doctor, but since he's old enough, he can volunteer there to be of any assistance. Which while he was there, one of the things he learned was stitching. In most families that would be useless for Abenagation. But in this broken family with a father that abuses, it comes in handy.

I walk out of Tobias' room to go to my room. I walk in and go to my bathroom. I drag my fingers through my hair. To my inconvenience I find several knots. I grunt and grab my brush. I have a bathroom in my room. But Tobias doesn't. I don't know why Marcus gave me this room and not Tobias. I look at the mirror I have in my hand. It's small and hand held but I still use it. Tobias tells me I look alot like Mother used to. I know I do. I have her curly brown hair and her hooked nose. Though Tobias has a hooked nose as well. I put the mirror away and keep brushing my long tangled mess. When I finally finsh I brush my teeth with peppermint toothpaste and wash my face. I grab a hair tie and tie back my hair into a quick bun that makes me unnoticeable.

After that I look into my closet. There isn't really alot. Just baggy grey clothing. Another reason why I can't stay in Abenagation. It just doesn't let me be myself. I sigh as I add this reason to my long list of 'reasons why I can't stay in Abenagation.' So far it's going great! Note the sarcasm.

I pull out a long sleeved baggy dress, with a grey sweater that might as well have been this thing called a parachute. The Dauntless created it and decided to call it 'selfless cloth' as a cruel joke. Now almost every Candor I pass says I'm wearing a 'parachute' and it angers me. They don't know when to be quiet. The Dauntless use parachutes when they climb up buildings. Since some of them are considered much to lazy, they jump off the building with the parachutes. They are asking for a death wish.
And back to the Candor. I respect them in my own way. They go through this thing called truth serum where every little secret they have will be revealed.
Eva told us about it. She was born Candor. She told us about how Candor works and their beliefs. I'll admit it takes alot of guts to be able to be Candor without running to the factionless. Erudite on the other hand I hate. They think their so smart, which they are, but they brag so much. I can never live around people with so much arrogance. Tobias and I talked about that. He agreed without a moments hesitation. Then there's Amity. They try to solve everything with words. And by everything I mean it. One time there was a quarrel between Edward and Peter. They are a year older then me but that's not the point. The point is, Albert, an Amity tried to solve the problem with words. It got ugly. And since Peter is the liar he is, he blamed his bloody nose on Albert. To make matters worse Edward just stayed silent.
So much for honesty prevails.
I'm pretty sure Albert learned his lesson. Never mess with guys that can knock you out. And tell a lie when their Candor. But Amity don't learn. And so on Amity get hurt because they try to solve it peacefully when others have something else in mind. Don't get me wrong peace is great.
But only when it's not forced.
There's Dauntless, but all you gotta know is that they love to get drunk. Don't get me started about their Dauntless cake. I've heard that they're wild and free. That they can do whatever they want. But with that information, I discovered that they don't think twice about doing something. So I've come to my conclusion that I think is pretty good.

They don't care for safety.

But they are free. And right now that's what Tobias needs.

Tobias. I snap out of my thoughts and pull on my sweater on top of the dress.
The factions can wait. It's my turn to make breakfast.
I quietly, but quickly, sneak down the stairs. I grab my grey boots and go towards the kitchen.
I open the fridge and decide to with scrambled eggs and some bacon.
I put the pan on the stove and pour a little oil on it. I let it heat.
Next I focus on the scrambled eggs. I crack four eggs and scramble them with a spatula. I hear steps then a low grumbled voice, "hello Rosemary. Making breakfast I see?" Marcus says staring at the side of my head.
"Yes father. I'm making scrambled eggs and bacon. Would you like toast with it?" I say in monotone. Marcus just stares at me.

"Yes. Yes Rosemary that would be good. And good morning" Marcus adds. I just freeze looking at the pan of eggs.
"Good morning to you too Father." I reply.
I grab the toast from the refrigerator and pop three prices of toast into the toaster. I go to the cupboard and find three plates. I get them out and take the bacon from the pan. I gently place three pieces of bacon of each plate then divide the amount of eggs evenly. Much to my discomfort Marcus comes into the kitchen and helps prepare coffee. Marcus' elbow brushes my left arm. The one with the knife cut.

I am completely stiff around Marcus at this point.

Unfortunately, he noticed. "Rosemary. Is everything alright?" Funny. Since when did he even care?
To my fortune I am very good at lying. "Yes Father I am doing alright. In my reading class we have a test. I was just hoping that I can make you proud and get an A." This wasn't technically a lie since we actually do have a test. But that wasn't why I stiffened.
"Well haven't you studied for the test?" Marcus asks.
"Yes of course I have. I don't know if I missed a question though. So last night I had my bag to study more." Wow Rosemary. Great lie. Gosh I gotta stop with the sarcasm. I think scowling to myself. Luckily Marcus didn't see that.
"Okay. Go set up the table Rosemary. I got the rest of the breakfast." Marcus informs handing me the stack of plates. As long as I get away from Marcus it's fine by me, whatever I do.
As I'm laying down the last plate to start with the cups Tobias comes down with his hair glistening. His eyes were bright, and even in his grey Abenagation clothes he still can knock a girl dead. I smile to myself. If only looks can kill. Tobias would've done that to Marcus a long time ago.
Tobias grabs the cups and sets them down. Then he helps me with the silverware. After we are done, Marcus brings the scrambled eggs and bacon. He sets them down on the table and we sit. We are not a religious family, so we just quickly thank God for the meal and eat. Not the whole speech though.
Tobias and I finsh at the same time.
"You two go get to school. Now." And Marcus is back. Demanding, selfish, and abusive.
Tobias and I quickly grab our bags and head out the door.

****************

We walk in silence.
Not awkward silence or one filled with tension, but in comfortable silence.
I open my mouth to talk with Tobias about how Marcus was acting with me, but I instantly clamp it shut. Tobias gives me a funny look, but then looks ahead and completely understands.

Beatrice Prior. Beatrice Prior is coming towards us.

Word coun: 1673

Hello everyone! I'm sorry it's been a little while since I updated so I wanted to give you all a good chapter. I really hope you enjoyed it. Also, I really recommend looking at sofiaarm_ books. They are amazing and I enjoyed reading them. Also if you all enjoyed this book so far I would like to know if it's Wattys Awards worthy. In June there will be the Wattys contest. I was hoping that if I finsh this book I'll be able to enter it if all of you like it. If you can comment and vote on what you think that would be great. Thanks to you all for reading my book or books.

Love ya

Divergentlover_2016