Chapter Four

This chapter I'd dedicated to JuliaBrynnn and divergentascendant thank you for the comments and votes.

I run. I run as fast as my feet can handle. My heart is in my throat and I try to get away from him. A blood curdling scream erupts into the air. It's male, and familiar.

Tobias.

I feel a large body on top of me. I scream. My arm is throbbing and it hurts like the Devil. The figure punches me and keeps up the fight. He pulls out a gun, but instead of shooting me, he points ahead of me. I scream again. The gun is pointed at my brother.

Tobias. No. No please. I beg in my mind. I try to make my words, my thoughts, vocal. But I can't. My fingers find my lips, and I find them sewed shut. I scream again, or at least try too. It comes out as nothing. Not even a single hum. I look at Tobias again. He's standing still. His face is emotionless. He looks down at me. Then there's emotions. Anger, rage, and fear. Terror is visible in Tobias' eyes. He steps closer to me, but the man on top of me shows his face.
Marcus.
He's pointing a gun at Tobias.
He's going to kill Tobias.
I try to scream but my lips are sewed shut. I want to cry out, I want to warn Tobias, to get him to run.

But Tobias is only focused on me. He is just not acknowledging the man, our father, that's going to murder him.
And Tobias is going to get murdered because of me.
No. I can't let him.
I squirm and wither as I try to get free. But Marcus has a vice grip. And by the looks of it, Marcus is not loosening it anytime soon.
I try to knee him in the groin, but I find my legs stuck to the floor. How? How is this happening? Please no. It can't be real, it just can't be real.
Tobias is now only a few feet away. Instead of just resuming his walk to me, he stops abruptly. Thank goodness.

But my relief is short lived.

Marcus still has the gun pointed at Tobias.
"I love you Rosemary." Tobias says lovingly.

And Marcus shoots him. I cry. I cry harder than I have ever before.
Tobias repeats saying that he loves me, and Marcus keeps shooting at him.

For every I love you Tobias says, he gets shot at. Over and over again Tobias gets hurt. Because of me. All because he loves me. I cry. My brother is being murdered in front of me, and all I can do is cry. I can't scream, or kick Marcus because I'm trapped. The feeling I always have when I can't do something. I hate it. And now my fear has become a terrifying reality.

I am pathetic. I, Rosemary Eaton, am so pathetic I can't help the brother I can't live without.

But the I love you's keep coming. And the shots keep filling the air with loud 'bangs', it's just alot to handle. It's too much to handle. I can't take it. I'm being ripped apart. Piece by piece I'm breaking.
Finally Tobias stops saying 'I love you' after five terror filled minutes. He's now more blood then skin. The terrible part is that his face is unmarked. Every other part of his body, is bloodied, but his perfect face. And his deep midnight blue eyes. Sickeningly beautiful.
And now, sickeningly terrifying. I don't want to keep staring into his eyes, but some force forces me to. He says one last 'I love you'. And Marcus shoots one last bullet.

It hits Tobias' head, and he falls to the ground.

Dead. Gone. Lost to me forever. And now, I can scream. And now I can kick and yell as many profanities as I want. But I don't. I just cry. I am now lost. I am now dead.

I am no longer innocent.