Chapter Seventeen

My heart pounds as we hear the door creak open. I stifle a sob as we hear mumbles. No. He can't be back. After all he's already done, Marcus still wants to terrorize Tobias and I. Though I didn't tell anyone, and I never would, Marcus somehow manages to get drunk. Sneak off, steal some beer, and get high. I never knew why, and I still don't, but I do know this, if Marcus catches Ella, Troyer, and Luan, he will hurt them. Especially if he's as drunk as I think he is. As he always is. I meet Tobias's eyes. Fearful, scared, haunted. And burdened. I know how he feels. If any one of them get hurt, it will be on us. Faction's will start asking questions that we can't answer, stares and whispers will flit through the halls, and gossip from the Candor will spread like wildfire. Attention and the harmless Abnegation, don't go well. Or mostly harmless. More mumbles. Stomping feet. Mutters. Luan's head snaps up, Troyer get's up, threateningly, Ella drops the stack of clothes and the brush. Her fingers tremble as she brushes them against Luan's shoulder. Luan looks at Ella, then her gaze travels to meet my eyes. Tears. Tears and hatred. So much hate. At first I think it's conflicted towards me, but then I realize it's towards Marcus. Marcus, who threw me against the wall, who used a knife against both his children, who shot both his children. More steps, a pause. I shudder and Troyer looks down at me, sadness and angry building inside of him.

But instead of Marcus's deep, throaty growl, we hear a soft male voice. Then two more.

*Troyer*

"Hello? Anyone home?" Calls out a voice. A familiar voice. Noah? "Of course someone is home. Don't be an idiot. Didn't you see Marcus storm out like a freaken bull on steroids?" Is that Tanner? What are they doing here? "Let's just figure out if anything is wrong and go." I'm almost positive that's Tyler. "Wow. And you say I'm an idiot." Noah's voice. again. I can almost see Tanner's eye roll. "Let's just roam the whole house, and get out of here. I don't like tresspassing, but I didn't like the look on Marcus's face even more." Tyler. Tyler Perrin is actually concerned? We all hear grunts in agreement. I look at Rosemary first, and I see relief flood her features. It might be the guy Luan has a crush on, but this is ten times better then Marcus will ever be. After what he did to Rose and Tobias, I will never look at him like a leader. Just an abuser. Nothing that I thought of him before. I didn't realize I was still staring at Rose, until she raises her eyebrows at me. I can feel my cheeks heating up, and I quickly look away. No girl has ever made me blush. I won't let her be the first. But even now I know that it's useless. I know I might have feelings for her. And I really just meet her. I mean I have met her before, but I feel like I truly understand her. She's different, but the best different. And her captivating eyes......................... Before I can dwell too much on her deep blue eyes, Tanner, Noah, and Tyler walk in the living room. Rosemary's eyes widened, Luan yelped and leaped off the floor, Ella gasped, and Tobias just stood up from the floor. Glaring at the the three boys, he asks, "what are you three doing here? If Marcus saw you-" "Marcus didn't see us. Besides why is it important?" Noah asks, cutting off Tobias.
Tobais give Noah a snort. Tanner's eyes flit down to Rosemary, and my first instinct is to block off his gaze. To protect Rosemary. Tanner notices the red mark on Rosemary's face, and her red, puffy, eyes. His eyes met hers and he stumbles back, realization hits him like a wave. "Marcus- he- he hurt Rosemary. That's why- that's why he looked like that." Tanner stutters, shocked. Tyler and Noah share a worried glance. They look at Tanner like he's absolutely crazy. "Tanner, your talking about Marcus. He's Abnegation's leader. Why would he hurt his own daughter?" Tyler asks, raising an eyebrow. Tanner scowls. He glares at Noah and Tyler, "how well do you know him? Who well do you know a man's intention?" Tanner asks, almost yelling. He cares. Tanner cares for what happens to Rosemary.
Tyler and Noah are quiet. They turn towards Rosemary, who was staring at them, the red mark on her cheek obvious. Tyler's eyes widened, and Noah gapes. "He's who gave you the scar-" "yes. And if you tell anyone I swear I will hunt you down and kill you myself." Rosemary said, interrupting Noah. His eyebrows shoot up, but then he realizes that she was just kidding and Noah smiles sadly. Tyler shakes his head, "what else? What else did he do? This is just messed up." Tobias looks away.

"Here we go." Rosemary says, catching my eyes. She's strong.

Stronger then anyone else realizes.

TWO CHAPTERS IN ONE DAY!!!!!
WHOOP WHOOP!!!! I seriously need a break! Well anyway I'll update really soon! Hopefully tomorrow.....
I don't know. Anyway, PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE!!!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL MY INITIATES!!! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!! ❤❤❤❤❤