Chapter Eleven

I shut my eyes trying to forget what I just heard.

Luan has a crush on Tyler Perrin. A Dauntless-born boy who doesn't even look twice at my friend. How can she like him?
"I mean, I know he doesn't look at me with awe or anything but, I still like him. Oh gosh Rosemary what am I supposed to do?" Luan asks, frustration obvious in her tone.
"Well Luan, I honestly don't know. But do you even like about him?" I answer with a question.
I'm not much of a love expert, heck I don't know the first thing about that type of love, but I do know it's not supposed to be on a fat ego.

Luan rubs her temples thinking.

"Well, I don't look for looks, but I'll admit he is good looking. Tyler is pretty smart too. Have you seen his grades? And he's kind, he honestly doesn't sound much like a Dauntless. But that's good I guess." Luan states turning back to me. I sigh.
I have to agree with Luan. He is good looking, and smart, and kind. But is he honest and selfless? Is he brave and loyal? Rumors fly. And I heard just by the Candor that Tyler has changed. Tremendously. And if that's true, the boy Luan likes is no longer here. He was replaced by a ruthless boy, who dates girls randomly. Jumping from one girl to another, breaking their hearts right when he grabs them.

That will not happen to Luan. I swear I'll protect her. She will not get hurt because of a boy that doesn't deserve any girls love.

Tyler walks into class just before the bell rings signaling that seventh hour has started. Tyler's peculiar eyes sweep across the classroom. He smiles when his eyes land on Luan. I swear Luan just melted into her seat.

Tyler, like I said,really is handsome. Short sandy blond hair sticks up randomly, and blue-green eyes compliment his tannish skin color. Tyler has sharp features, and a broad built body.

I can see why Luan likes him. But is it really because of his looks?
Since I'm sitting next to Luan, and Noah and Tanner sit in front of us, Tyler decides to sit to my left. Much to my discomfort of course.

I do not like a random boy I barely know come sit next to me. Troyer sat next to me yes. He even gave me a hug. But when Tyler sits next to me, a heavy rock drops into my stomach. I will not listen to Tyler Perrin. No matter what he says.

He, I feel, is bad news for everyone. Especially Luan since she likes him.

Mrs. Taket announces that today we will just be working in our books and catching up on our work. She says that she needs more time to grade our papers, and that if we are all finshed we should read. We all know what she means. She means if we don't read when we finsh we'll get in trouble.

With Jeanine Matthews.

A new Erudite rule.

So we just read and keep our mouths shut. As I get out my book, Tyler leans over and pokes my arm.
"Hey. Rosemary right? Do you have a pencil I can have?" Tyler asks. I look up from my book to look at Tyler. Seriously. Did he just say have? I thought it was borrow. Maybe I heard wrong.
"Wait you mean borrow right?" I ask. Tyler shakes his head glaring at me. "No. I specifically said have. Now are you gonna make a big deal to let me have a pencil?"
I glower at Tyler as I replay what he just said. Are you kidding me?
"Okay one: where in the name of God did your manners go? And two: where the heck did please go? Did it jump out the window along with the manners you tossed out?" I say sarcastically.

Tyler gapes at me. "Aren't you supposed to be Abnegation?"
Wait didn't he see the grey plain clothes? Or did he go color blind? If I wasn't Abnegation, why would I be wearing grey? I glare at Tyler. He can not be serious. "No. I don't have a spare pencil the only one I have is the one I'm using right now." I inform. I'm tired and I'm not in the mood for talking. I just want seventh hour to end and I can walk home with Tobias. This day has just been to long and too much has happened. Its almost like a hard blow.

But Tyler keeps bugging the living day lights out of me. "Tyler take a hint. Please just stop. I'm tired and I don't want to talk." I say anger lacing with my words. I may be Abnegation, but that doesn't mean I will be pushed around. Selflessness is something I do have, but patience isn't. The sooner Tyler figures that out, the better for everyone. And if Luan likes him, so be it. But if he breaks her heart he should know he will deal with me. I don't know when I suddenly became so mean and inpatient but right now I'm a ticking time bomb with Tyler.

"Okay sheesh woman. Your a pretty cover with a snappy inside. That I'll definitely note when I flatter you off your feet to be mine." Tyler says smirking. I glare at him.

Don't fall for his tricks Rosemary. Don't have any of it. He just wants to get on your nerves.
I scowl. He's doing a good job ticking me off. Note to self, take a pain medication for my headache later. I quickly look back down at my book. I really don't want to get in trouble.

At the corner of my eyes I see Tyler raising his eyebrows but I completely ignore him.
"So are you like, mad, at me now?" Tyler asks and I sigh my eyes still glued to the book.

Luan nudges me and I look at her. Her eyes are wide and she leans in and whispers, "wow. I never thought that I'd meet an Abnegation with a bad temper. Let alone impatient." I roll my eyes and Luan just laughs at me lightly.

Tyler pokes my arm. I turn to him with a glare. "Whose your hot friend?" Tyler says smugly.
I can feel my face tightening and my eyes narrowing. "You. Will. Not. Touch or hurt her in any way. So don't even think about it." I hiss.

Tyler's blue-green eyes flit to Luan, who is watching me intently. Then Tyler returns is piercing gaze back on me. "No. I actually like her. So maybe if you'd stop interfering-" "No actually you listen," I cut Tyler off. "I will not have it. Okay? You prove that you like her then I'll believe you. But for now, just back off." I said that loudly.

Too loudly.

And Mrs. Taket heard me.

She opens her mouth to yell, to say something to me, but before she can a man walks into the classroom.

A man I know all too well.

With Tanner and Ella both in tow, the man turns to me.

Marcus. Marcus Eaton.

The man who gave me my scar.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Taket if Rosemary caused you any trouble. She shall be punished maybe as soon as she gets home." Marcus turns to me with a evil glint in his eyes, "then we'll see if she will misbehave any more then she already has."

I sink down in my seat, tears stinging my eyes. Luan grabs my fingers and squeezes tightly.
Ella looks at me, sadly, and she looks away. Troyer meets my gaze, and I see fear in his grey eyes.

I will get another scar tonight.

******************************

Hello!!!! Sorry for the wait......there was alot going on. My brother has weak muscles and it's getting much worse. I really fear for him. He's tripping over himself.
And he doesn't even know how. I promise to update as soon as possible. Once again I'm sorry for the wait.