Chapter Eight

Please look at the picture at the top ☝☝☝ thanks.

This chapter is dedicated to JuliaBrynnn, divergentascendant, sydneyrader87, and sofiaarm_ thank you. For everything.

I can't believe I was such an idiot. I should've never reveled my scar. My piece of shame. How can I forget? What will they think of me? How will they react?
I reach the bathroom and sink down to my knees crying, heavily. Sobs rack my body over and over again. I wish Tobias was here, with me. He always knows what to do. He always knows what to say, and how to comfort me.

But he's not here right now.

And there is nothing I can do about it.

My slip up could've just cost me everything. If Marcus finds out that everyone knows about my scar, he's going to be angry.
I hear feet running and two girls pop into the bathroom.

Luan and Ella.

"Oh my gosh Rosemary what was that? Where did you get it? Who gave you that scar?" Luan asks, bombarding me with questions and demanding answers.

No. Marcus will not find out.

"Luan please stop and let her speak." Troyer says sounding a bit annoyed. Wait. Troyer in the girls bathroom? Am I in the right bathroom?
"Look Rosemary. You do that have to tell us why the person did it. But let me tell you, I have a shovel to bury the person who did this to you. Okay? Also, if it makes you feel better, I'm in the girls bathroom. So please, never speak of this again." Troyer says with a small smile.
I look at him with a light smile through my tears. He's in the girls bathroom, for me.

Wow this is embarrassing.

But quickly my smile disappears.
And Ella notices.
She comes and sits down next to me against the wall.
"What's wrong Rosemary? Why are you hurt? Who did this to you?" Ella asks.
Troyer crouches next to me to my right, and Luan sits crisscrossed in front of me.
I take a deep breath. I'm going to tell them. But they cannot tell anyone.
"I will tell you. But Troyer, I fear there's nothing you can do to help. Neither you Ella, or you Luan. But," I pause starring at every single one of them, "you can't tell anyone. Promise me. Promise me that one thing. You won't tell another living soul." I plead with them.
Troyer's grey eyes meet mine and he nods.
I take a deep breath. This is going to be alot to take in for them. But I feel as though I can trust them.
"Marcus. My father Marcus was the one who done this. I don't know why, but almost everyday he comes home he hurts my brother and I. It started when I was just born and my brother, Tobias, was three. My mother was finally able to take me home, when I started crying uncontrollably. Marcus apparently got mad since he was doing work. Tobias was going to ask him a question but Marcus snapped and hit Tobias. Hard." I swallow a lump forming in my throat. I look at Troyer, Ella, and Luan. Their eyes are so wide. I take in another deep breath, as I roll up my sleeves to show my scars and bruises. My right arm is dotted with different sized bruises. Small cuts from past abuses show and I let them. My left arm is unmarked except for the long scar that's stitched up.
"Tobias got hit at such a young age. My mother was petrified to what Marcus can do to my toddler brother. She tried to step up, to save Tobias, but that caused her to get hurt more than Tobias. At first it was only slaps bit that soon progressed to be even more hurtful abuse. Evelyn, my mother, was a wreak at the time. She didn't know what to do. I started to get older. I was then three. Tobias six. And Evelyn died. Ever since she died Marcus blamed me for her death. Tobias says it's because Marcus thinks it's that she took alot of my beatings for crying." I paused swallowing a lump in my throat. I can't go any further. And Ella notices.

"Oh Rosemary. You and your brother never deserved to be treated like that." Ella says, putting I hand on my shoulder.
Luan grabs my fingers, squeezing gently. "Marcus didn't know what he was doing. Marcus doesn't know what he's doing. He's sick. At least in my veiw." Luan mutters the last part but I heard it. Loud and clear. And that made me smile. Just a little, but more than enough at that time.

I look at Troyer and he looks like he can murder someone. I don't blame him.

Troyer wraps his arm around my shoulders. A side hug.
"Ella is right. But listen, it's not your fault that your mother died. It was her choice to protect you. You didn't make her. Your mother is a good woman, Rosemary. She helped out alot of people. But whatever Marcus says, your amazing, and rather pretty." At the last sentence Troyer speaks a look away blushing. He just complimented me. He sounds like Tobias.

Luan smiles a little, pulling something closer to her body.

A small handbag.

"Rosemary, take your hair out of that bun. Your hair is all messed up. No offense, but it's almost like a birds nest." Luan instructs. I roll my eyes smiling a little.
"Okay. So let's find out where the eggs are." Ella says teasing me. I blush again and take the pins out of my hair.

My hair begins to droop a little, and I take out the hair band. My long curly hair flows down to the center of my back as usual. Sit forward and Ella, Troyer, and Luan gape at me in awe. I feel confused. "Um.... Hello? Is everything okay?" I ask a bit annoyed and embarrassed.

"Your hair is BEAUTIFUL! WHERE HAS IT BEEN HIDING?" Luan practically screams, making my ears bleed.
"Well I can't wear my hair down. It's selfish." I inform.
Luan smiles and shakes her head. She opens her small bag and pulls out a brush, handing it to me.
I sigh and grab the brush running it through my hair.

As I brush my long curly hair I feel two eyes boring into my skull. Troyer. I glance at him, catching him staring at me. He blushes in embarrassment, and looks away.

I look at Ella who obviously saw everything since she was smiling as mischievously as Tobias did yesterday. She leans in and whispers, "he likes you. That much is obvious."
I glare at her and she laughs saying, "I'm sorry it's true."

I finsh brushing my hair, and I hand Luan back her brush. I want to braid my hair, but I can't. So I decide to just twist it up in a bun. I place the pins back in place and turn to the three new friends I just made.

"So, you guys promise not to tell anyone? Please. If anyone finds out Marcus would-" I trail off unwilling to finsh.

Ella nods, Luan meets my eyes with set determination, and Troyer decides to get vocal. "We won't tell a living soul.

We promise."

Okay so how was that? Did you guys like the song and picture? Please tell me if this is Watty Award worthy. If I manage to finsh this story by June than I'll submit it. Thank you all for the votes and comments. You are all amazing.

Remember to be brave.