Chapter Fifteen

Look at picture above to see Rosemary and Troyer.

************************************

I sob. I sob uncontrollably.

While holding my side I look up at Troyer who is standing in front of me. Tears swim in his grey light eyes.

Troyer comes to me and pulls me to his chest. "Hey it's all right. I'm here. Marcus won't hurt you any longer." But even as the words come out of his mouth I know it's a lie. And Troyer knows this as well. We hear shuffling feet, and two shaking girls enter the living room.

Ella and Luan.

They've never witnessed Tobias and I getting hurt, much less hearing the Abnegation leader be so cruel. But there is a first for everything, and this is definitely one of those firsts.
"Ella, Luan can you two please go help Tobias? I got Rosemary." Troyer says softly, glancing at the two girls. They both nod, but before they go, I call out to them. My voice is shaky, but not to where it's unrecognizable. "Tobias is in the dining room. H-he got hit." With the last part, I start to cry silently against Troyer's chest. Troyer's grip around me tightens.
"Okay" Says a trembling voice. Ella. I've never heard her like this. I never thought that I'd make Luan and Ella cry. But I guess when someone you care about gets hurt, that's what happens. No matter how soon I met these three, I now have a connection with them. A special connection that can not, and will not, be broken. I feel it. It's coursing through me like a bolt of lightning.

I feel small, shaking fingers grab my hand. The fingers squeeze tightly, as if never wanting to let go. I look up. But instantly wish, out of selfishness, that I hadn't.

Tobias. My brother. My big brother, so kind, so gentle, and selfless, is hurt. The person the kept me alive is hurt. And I'm the reason. His lip is split, his knuckles are bleeding, and his lips wobbles, as if their a rattle that can't stop shaking.
"Hey Roses." Tobias says in a beat up voice. I let out a cry in relief and sadness. Tobias pulls me away from Troyer and pulls me into his embrace. I cry into his shirt. After a few minutes I look up and see tears staining his cheeks. His straight hooked nose is now bent a little, and I realize that Ella and Luan must have helped him wash off the blood. Tobias meets my gaze, and his fingers brush through my long, tangled curls. Marcus yanked me by the hair again and slammed me against the wall. He kicked me relentlessly and I tried so hard not to cry out, knowing that Troyer, Ella, Luan, and Tobias would hear. But that bullet hit the flesh on my side and I couldn't help but scream. It was agony. Like fire burning across my soft, now scarred, skin.
Tobias gently rocks back and forth.
It's now that I remember that Tobias got shot as well as I did.

"Tobias your side." I croak. He gives me a pained smile and shakes his head. "My side is none of your concern."
I frown. Of course it is. This is all my fault. The fact that Ella and the others had to hear our torture is my fault. The fact that Tobias broke his nose, and got shot, it's all my fault. The more I think about it, the more I want to scream. To scream so I can't hear my voice. Scream so loudly, hoping that I'll never have to deal with no pain. But that isn't possible. And the more I think about it, the more I realize that what I'm wishing for us a dream.

And Marcus made sure I never dream.

"It's not your fault." Calls out a voice. I look up to see Troyer's piercing, angry, grey eyes. "I know what your thinking. You always get that look when your thinking that all of this is your fault. Rosemary, you may have told us about this today, but I know that look. It's the one you get when you blame yourself. And, I swear on this Rosemary, it isn't your fault." Anger is building up with each word Troyer says. It's obvious on how his back becomes straight, like his backbone turned to steel. I wipe my eyes and nod, glumly.

"Let's get you two cleaned up better." Announces a voice. I look up to see Ella smiling a little. Like her smile is going to drip right off her face. I nod my head, ready for the pain to begin.

Skip if you want. But this is important.

Sorry for the short chapter. This is just a filller, but it gives you some insight. I'm truly sorry for not updating, and leaving you with that terrible cliffhanger. Hopefully this is better. I'm probably not going to be able to update more often........ things are happening, and it's all just a heavy burden on me nowadays.
Please vote and comment. It make my day whenever I hear from all of you.

Love you all my initiates. Thanks for sticking with me.