Chapter 1: Meet Me

My name is Y/N L/N. And, I'm just going to say it, I make weird things happen.

Ok, so maybe that slightly dramatic lead-up wasn't necessary. Because I guess everyone else can make weird things happen, too. But nothing like me.

Aside from that fact, I'm almost astoundingly boring. I'm 19, living alone in Japan. Nothing unordinary, really. But back to the 'weird things' thing, I don't remember when it started exactly, all I really remember was noticing it one day

I was 14, and I wanted to try archery. I know, I know, another dramatic lead-up. I'll stop soon, I promise.

Now, I know that it doesn't sound like a bad or even weird idea in itself, and if you thought that, you would be right. It was the archery itself. I was the best in my group, and I always had absolutely no idea why, because when had I ever been good at something?

Kidding.

Anyway, whenever I had went to load up an arrow and pull back the string, I'd get this unnatural feeling, like I couldn't miss. Like a missing sense of confidence that had been deprived from literally every other aspect of my life.

Then sooner or later, the arrow would be stuck straight in the middle. But I did stop doing archery after awhile, and I took up something new. All because an old coach recommend me trying something stronger then arrows. So, I started shooting lessons.

I bet you're probably thinking; "What, 14? Guns?'"

But actually, by this time I was 18, so I could legally.
But, when I turned 20, that's when everything went really went downhill.

EN: Just to clarify, she turns 20 the day this part of the story is set

"Hey, Y/N. You picked up right away." Jung —my boyfriend at the moment— spoke quickly, not bothering to greet me much.

"Yeah." I mumbled quietly.

"You've been acting a little weird lately. I hope you're ok." He whispered gently, soft concern laced his voice.

"Thank-" He cut me off.

"Before you say anything, I need to tell you that that's not why I called." He interrupted.

A pit of nerves sprouted in my stomach as I stopped, asking, "Oh, um. Why did you?"

"I—" He trailed off.

"I'm sorry, um, this is a lot harder than I thought it'd be." He admitted, his voice lined with guilt.

I felt the slight urge to hang up at that, but I ignored it and kept listening to the quiet side of the other line.

When he was quiet for another few long moments, I said, "Save me and yourself the time. I know already know what you're going to say."

"Y/N, you're seriously the best girlfriend a guy could have, and I don't want to part. Please believe me, I just..."

"It doesn't matter. It's not like this wasn't going to happen sooner or later anyway," Silence filled my ears once again.

"Y/N.."

"Don't. We'll talk later, tell me later if you'd like. Because we both know I never have anything to do."

I let out a small, dull laugh, making Jung start to talk again.

"Y/N—" I jammed my finger on the 'end' button and let out a sigh, putting my phone down on my bed.

"Pull yourself together. Woman up." I mumbled to myself. I looked out my apartment's terrace's doorway in a haze to see a cat staring at me.

I thought a bit more to myself, adding, "On my birthday too."

To dump a girl was a dick move in itself, but to do it on their birthday is just awful.

I stripped the itchy blanket that was draped over my knees off of me and opened the sliding door to the small terrace. The cat took a few steps back and looked up at me curiously.

"Looks like you're the only one who's here for my birthday today."

The cat's face seemed to take on an expression that seemed like sympathy, but all not at the same time. I rubbed my hands on my legs and snuck another glance at the cat.

"It's cold out here. Sometimes I wish I had a coat like yours, always so warm." I mumbled quietly, watching the cat's face.

"So unbothered."

EDITED: 6/18/17

EDITED: 10/13/17

EDITED: 5/18/18

EDITED: 10/7/18