Chapter 34: Wow

"And don't let Lalisa or Jennie out of your sight. Ok?" Dazai nodded tiredly and waved me off

"I can't move, so thanks for your concern." Lalisa shouted. I shook my head and turned to face Jennie.

"Sorry I don't remember. Maybe you can enlighten me more later." I offered.

She scoffed.

"You should remember everything anyway, so I don't see why I should."

I let out a slightly irritated sigh.

"You do you." I mumbled, pushing the door open to
Yosano's room.

"Y/N?"

I turned quickly to the voice that had called my name.

"Oh, you scared me." I mumbled. Yosano smiled.

"I'm sorry." She apologized, chuckling slightly.

I shook my head and smiled, "It's alright. And, um, by the way, do you mind if I stay in this room tonight? I'm away from my apartment, so I don't have anywhere to go."

"Of course. You can settle in now, I guess. I sleep in the other room if you need anything" She replied,
smiling and disappearing through a door connecting to another room I hadn't been in.

I exhaled and threw myself back on the bed.

"It's been such a long day. Lalisa and I got shot, we rescued Dazai, Dazai and I—" I trailed off and covered my face with my hands.

"That was today too," I mumbled.

"Why are you talking to yourself? That just makes you look even more crazy."

I quickly sat up and saw Jennie standing on the doorway.

"Jennie.." I started.

"Yeah. That's me." She replied moodily.

"Why do you have to be so," I trailed off looking for a the right word.

"Annoying? Moody? Bothersome?" She asked, rolling her eyes.

"Negative."

"Same thing." She mumbled.

"Anything you need?" I asked, letting out a sigh.

"Yeah. I was, wondering if there was a place I could sleep," She asked shyly.

I smiled tinily.

"Of course. But, I need to know how old you are."

Her head whipped up.

"Why do you need to know that?"

"Because I've been confused this whole time. It's sort of hard to tell with you." I admitted sheepishly.

Jennie turned away and coughed, wiping something off her face.

"Oh, I just turned 19." Jennie answered, trailing off.

"Happy birthday." I smiled. She looked up at me, surprised.

I explained softly, "Someone important to me forgot my birthday. So I wanted to make sure someone important to you didn't."

Jennie walked over and sat next to me.

"I'm sorry."

I nodded, not knowing what to reply.

"It's ok. It's not your fault." I mused quietly

She nodded and looked at the floor.

"You can sleep here." I sighed, patting the bed. Jennie looked at me with a questioning look.