Chapter 35: We Want you Back

I sighed and brushed my hair to the side with my fingers.

I didn't bring anything I need with me. I could go out and buy stuff, but I don't really have any money and I'd rather ask Lalisa to send me back to my apartment so I could get some stuff, but she's still in bed.

Plus, the bags under my eyes were preventing me from doing a considerable amount.

I peeked into Lalisa's room where she and Dazai were sleeping peacefully.

Dazai's book was lying face down on the floor, the bookmark sitting next to it.

I smiled and noticed Lalisa was beginning to stir.

"Lalisa?" I asked quietly.

Her eyes opened slowly and her eyes focused on me.

"Hi?" She greeted me, her voice distorted as she stretched her arms.

She yawned and her eyes trailed down to Dazai sleeping on the foot of the bed and she looked very displeased.

"Can you get him off of me?" She asked, obviously slightly irritated. I smiled.

"Sure." I walked over slowly, stretching my leg out as I walked just as Jennie had told me to.

I tapped Dazai's shoulder, and he didn't move any bit. I frowned.

"Dazai." I mumbled, bending over slightly to speak lowly into his ear.

His head lifted up slowly, and he gave me the same distorted expression Lalisa had.

"What?" His eyes focused on me and his brows knitted together in confusion.

"Oh. Hey." He mused softly, sitting up and stretched. I nodded before rubbing my eyes and yawning.

"You don't look so good. How much sleep did you get?" I shrugged.

"An hour?" He shook his head and motioned more back towards the room I was staying in.

"Go back to bed. An hour? What were you doing?" He sighed out, standing up and walking over next to me.

"Oh, you know, just, talking with Jennie."

"All night?"

I nodded tiredly.

"Get off to bed. We weren't doing much today anyway. And do you need me to change your bandages?" I chuckled softly and shook my head.

"You're like a protective boyfriend." I mumbled, running my hand through my hair.

"Hm?" I smiled to myself shook my head.

"Nothing," I returned quietly, trailing off.

"You must really be tired." He pointed out, wrapping a hand lightly around my waist.

"C'mon." He said. He pushed the door open and led me to the bed I was supposed to be sleeping on.

"You good?" He asked. I pushed his hand off my waist and nodded.

"Thanks." I said softly. He nodded. I fell onto the bed and gave him a tired smile.

"Thanks." I repeated before drifting off.

"What? We can't do that and you know it." A male voice protested.

"Of course I know! But we need to show her so she remembers! You care about her remembering, right?"

"Of course I do. But it's not like I want her to remember, everything."

"She knows you're a different person now. There's literally no reason to make this argument."