Chapter 27: Red is an Ok Color

"Wow.." Dazai mumbled slowly, running a hand through his hair.

I smiled at him and turned back to Lalisa.

"Did you actually think I was going to kill you?" I asked, arching a brow.

"No! Of course not! You're too soft to do that." Lalisa defended quickly.

"I know you were scared, Lalisa." I teased

"What does is matter?!" She muttered angrily.

I shrugged.

"Whatever. We should go now. We came here for you anyway, Dazai." I said, sticking the gun back into my waistband.

"We?" He asked curiously.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot. Yosano and Ranpo were supposedly going on around the front." I said

"Supposedly?" He asked, pulling his lips into a thin line.

"Maybe they saw us and decided to leave us alone?" He guessed.

I flushed and shook my head.

"I doubt it." I answered, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"Whatever the case, we should go find them." Dazai clarified. I nodded and stood up.

"But, what are we going to do with her?" I asked, glancing warily at Lalisa.

"Her.." Dazai mumbled, slipping into thought.

"We should bring her with us." He finished.

"With us? Would that work?" I asked worriedly.

"Of course. She's wanted, and I'm sure we can get something out of her." Dazai clarified, sending a wink to her.

I let out a small laugh and smiled tinily at Lalisa.

"What, you want me to wink at you?" Dazai teased.

I bit my lip and looked away.

"What makes you say that?" I protested, my cheeks slowly heating up.

"Aw nothing." He replied, licking his lips.

"In case you forgot, I'm still here." Lalisa interrupted, crossing her arms.

"Of course I didn't forget you." Dazai teased, sending a quick glance my way.

I rolled my eyes playfully.

"You guys make me sick." Lalisa said.

"That's the point." Dazai said.

She stayed silent with a done look on her face.

"Why do you look so angry when you're thinking?" Dazai joked, snickering into his hand.

"Why do you look so dead?" Lalisa retorted.

I chuckled at her humor and Lalisa rolled her eyes.

"That was good." I said.

"That wasn't good in the least. You have the sense of humor of my dad." Dazai teased.

"Well," I started, laughing even more.

"We-" I slowly stopped laughing and took a deep breath.

"Ok, sorry. Um, what I was going to say.. oh! Right. We should get going." I said, clearing my throat..

"You're a funny person." Lalisa muttered.

"Naturally." I replied. Lalisa sent me a glare.

"Accept the compliment." She muttered.

"Whatever, just, get up." I ordered, motioning for Lalisa to stand up.

She rolled her eyes and smirked at me.

"Oh, so now you're giving the orders?"

I nodded.

"Yeah. So get up." I answered.

Lalisa rolled her eyes again.

"Oh, come on and get up before your eyes roll into the back of your head." I said, annoyed.

Dazai snickered.

"You aren't helping." I argued.

"Oh sorry." He said, trying to hold back the rest of his laughter.

"Right." I mumbled, smiling as I turned back to Lalisa.

"Just get up. We need to get out of here before anyone comes." Lalisa smirked

"Let them come!" She sneered.

Lalisa added, "At least then I'll maybe be away from you."

"As much as I love hearing you make excuses not to move, I need you to get up." I said, trying to pull her up

"Eat less, please." I mumbled, my voice strained as I dragged Lalisa into a standing position.

"Shut up more, please." Lalisa retorted, looking slightly offended.

"Just get up! Help me a little bit here and don't just act like a rag doll." I spat, annoyed.

"Why?"

"Let's just go." I said, ignoring her question as I grabbed Lalisa's arm and dragging her on her feet to the door.

"Dazai, can you-" He cut me off and nodded before je he went in front of me to open the door.

"Thank—"

A startling pelting noise slammed against the door and I dropped Lalisa's arm in my surprised state, sending her falling to the ground with a surprised look on her face.

My eyes widened as I looked down at the growing red spot on my waist.

Dazai saw it too.