Chapter 23: Warehouses are in my Blood

"So, where do we start?" 

"Well, shouldn't you know here Dazai is if you were with him?" Ranpo interrupted, narrowing his eyes at me.

I felt a stab of regret. He was right, shouldn't I know?

I answered quietly, "I did before, yes. Does that mean this is my fault?"

She glared at him. "Look what you did. We both know even if she was with him, you could find him anyway,"

I arched a brow as she turned to me and said, "No, of course it's not. Don't worry about it,"

I was still unsure. "I knew she was suspicious and didn't do anything about it,"

"I'm sure everyone knew she was a little suspicious." She told me, smoothly changing the subject as she turned around and pointed to Ranpo."Now, we need to know where Dazai is,"

He smiled and cracked his knuckles. "I've got it,"

He slipped on his glasses as I looked at him, confused. But, soon after his eyes filled with a mischievous look as he smiled and pulled off his glasses.

"South end of Tokyo, Port #3 in warehouse 7b," Ranpo said confidently, folding up his glasses and sticking them in his pocket.

My brows knitted in confusion, "Wait, what?" 

"Oh, I have a really good ability, is all!" Ranpo boasted proudly, turning my attention back to me.

Yosano frowned and shook her head. I could've sworn I was just getting more confused as the two of them interacted.

"What—" 

She cut me off with a clap. "Alright! South end of Tokyo here we come!" 

I wrinkled my nose in disgust, wanting to let out a scream as I asked, "Is this really it?"

Of course, another warehouse.

Yosano seemed confused over my reaction, but still responded nonetheless."Yeah. It must be." 

"So, how are we—"

Before I could finish, Ranpo went up to the building and pushed the door open, turning back to us with an indescribable look on his face.

"Um, nevermind, I guess, "

I was about to take a step forward before Yosano put a hand out and stopped me. "I'm gonna ask you to wait out here,"

"What? Why would I?"

"I don't know if you can use your ability yet, so I need you to stay-"

I interrupted her, "I can. So, if you know my ability, please don't pretend like you don't also know me,"

She didn't say anything to that, looking away.

"You seemed like you didn't remember anything,"

"I don't" I admitted, "But I'm trying,"

She smiled and nodded, just telling me to go inside. When Yosano closed the door behind us, I noticed that Ranpo had already snuck his way inside. When we saw him, we immediately noticed that there was something he wouldn't look away from.

Even as we got closer, he didn't acknowledge us at all.

We both looked at each other confusedly before I tapped on his shoulder.

"Hey, what's-" As my eyes wandered past him, I let out a soft gasp.

Yosano didn't react, or at least tried not to, as she tapped Ranpo on the shoulder and mumbled something into his ear.

When he finally looked away, he turned to her "What? No, we can't leave her here alone,"

"You think?" I dared him, not taking my eyes off of the sight ahead of me.

"Yes!" He answered confidently, giving me a light glare.

"Come on, or I'm telling the president you weren't complying to an elder's orders," She told him, confident enough in her statement to turn around and start walking.

He just let out an irritated sigh and began to follow her out. But, not before looking at me and saying, "Don't do anything stupid, Y/N. We have enough people missing,"

I opened my mouth to say something, but decided against it. So, all I did was nod as the door slammed shut again.

I cleared my thoughts at the loud sound, my mind remembering the scene behind me as I scrambled back to the barely conscious man.

"Dazai!"

--

EN: lol oof