Chapter 24: Just the Person I was Hoping for

Editor's note: SHiP SHiP SHiP *grabs pitchfork*

also, I am so, so sorry at the length of this, I don't know why I decided to publish it (before edits) with only around 370 words.

"Dazai!"

My brows pulled together in worry as I went up to him, my hand wrapping around the chain holding up one of his arms. I looked at it up and down, overcome with a lot of emotions that I couldn't describe.

I shook the cables lightly, whispering, "Come on, wake up. Please,"

It was quiet for a few moments, with no movements over his pale face. But, soon after that, he let out a breath, his eyes still closed as he mumbled, "Lalisa, go away,"

I let out a breath of relief.

"No, Dazai, it's Y/N," I told him quietly, my voice cracking lamely as I let out a faint laugh.

He opened his eyes slowly, surprise and curiosity swimming through them. And, despite everything, a small smile tugged at his lips.

"Dazai,"

"Say more than my name, Y/N."

"I'm glad you're okay," I spoke quietly, returning his smile. He just nodded, seemingly exhausted. Which, I didn't blame him for.

"Do you want me to help?" I asked quietly, motioning up to the cables that suspended him. 

He just lazily shook his head. "No, it's okay,"

Before I could say anything else, he abruptly yanked his arms down. I drew out an abrupt noise in surprise as the trains came out of their sockets in the ceiling.

I let out a faint gasp as he fell down on me, his now loose arms draped over my shoulders. I could see another smile dancing on his lips as he reopened his eyes and leaned back to look me in the face.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly, making me laugh as my face heated up.

"What was that for? Shouldn't I be asking you that?" I asked, too nervous to look straight at him.

"Oh, you missed me, didn't you? I can tell from the way you won't look at me," He teased me, his breath hitting my chin as he spoke.

I scoffed gently, "No, I didn't-"

yes, I totally did

He interrupted my thoughts, joking quietly, "I would've missed me,"

I just laughed, my mind awkwardly reminding me of the space between the two of us.

"You know, I didn't think I would ever kiss you like this," He told me, what he said flying past my ear at first as I responded, "What?"

He just grinned, "Oh, nothing."

Then, before I could say anything else, he kissed me. At that moment, I didn't want to be dramatic, but it felt like the world fell away. When he kissed me, all of the romance books I'd ever read that described an electric feeling suddenly made sense.

It was just right. Not too soon or too late; and it was from just the person I was hoping for.

-

A/N- really short chapter here, but I feel like I said everything that needed to be said ;)