Chapter 14: The Warehouse by the Sea

"How in the world are we going to find Akutagawa? He could literally be anywhere by now."

Dazai shrugged. "We could yell out his name."

"There are so many reasons that's a bad idea."

I added, "Plus, what are the chances of him actually hearing us are pretty slim." He sighed and looked at his feet.

"Can you think of anything?"

"I don't know. Does he have a phone number or something?" I asked, running out of ideas.

"Not that I know of."

I nodded and pushed the door of my apartment's lobby open, holding open for Dazai to dawdle past.

I shook my head, "Take your time."

He didn't do anything to acknowledge me other then smile, which I didn't really mind.

"How do we find him?" I repeated, letting Dazai close the door.

"Thinking."

I nodded, smiling faintly. I didn't notice before, but it was a really nice day.

"What? Why do you look so happy? Did you see someone trip?"

I shook my head, ignoring his comment. "No. It's just , today it reminds me of one of my favorite songs. You know, like if the song had a day, today would be it."

Dazai nodded, but I didn't know if he actually knew what I meant.

"Can you sing it? I don't know any songs from here." I turned to Dazai and tried not to look astonished.

"I'll have to decline, I'm not a good singer."

He frowned "Please?"

"No, I can't, sorry. But, the song is called for you, if you're interested." I smiled, looking away as I continued, "I used to sing it with Jung all the time."

"I'm sorry about him. It seemed like you were really close."

"We were. I honestly don't really know why all of this happened. Isn't that stupid?" I laughed, putting a hand to my forehead

"Hey, let's find Akutagawa." Dazai said suddenly, grabbing my wrist and pulling me in the direction of the harbor.

I flushed in the appreciation, because I knew he wanted to get my mind off of him.

"Would he be over here?" I asked loudly, barely avoiding numerous people's feet.

"From what I remember I think it's his favorite place to be."

"Really? Why would anyone like to be here? But it's so dirty there. And there's always so much noise."

He looked straight at me, completely unwavering as he replied, lJust like his soul.

I laughed, "Uh, okay, if he's here where would he be?"

"Probably in one of the warehouses or something." Dazai responded, letting go of my arm. I quickly took it back.

"So, I guess we go in?" I said, pointing to the closest warehouse.

"I guess."

AN: The song is called 'For You' by BTS

Editor's note;
Oh my god I looked back at this bc someone commented on it and I just cringed so hard like wtff why