Chapter 13: I've Never Felt This Way Before

"Dazai, I'm bored."

He kept his eyes glued to my laptop as he replied, "I know. You've told me."

I leaned up to look at him, asking, "What are you even doing?"

"Trying to log into my email account, so maybe I can contact someone."

"Oh. Is it working?"

He shook his head. "No, not so far."

"Oh." I couldn't really say anything else.

"But," Dazai said, slamming my laptop's lid shut, "I think we only have one option."

My brows knitted in confusion, "And what is that?"

"I didn't want to do this, but we might have to go to Akutagawa for help."

"Why? Does he even know anything?"

"I don't think so. But he's the only other person from our universe that I know came here."

"Our universe, I still can't believe it."

Dazai chewed on the pen in his hand. "Well, you better."

"I guess I have no choice do I?" I mumbled, letting out a short laugh.

Dazai nodded and got up.

"So, I guess, we have to look for Akutagawa?" I asked.

Dazai nodded, passing me a curious look.

"What?" I asked, narrowing my eyes slightly.

"You seem like a different person."

"A different person? I'm not sure what you mean."

"Yes. You aren't nervous. You're actually acting close to the opposite of when I first met you." He pointed out, resting his arms by his side.

I swung my legs back and forth as I was sitting down, asking, "Oh. Well, is that a good thing?"

"Yeah. Although personally, I like the actual you better." He lisped, continuing to chew the pen.

"The actual me?" I asked doubtfully, arching a brow.

"Yes! Where you're nervous and cautious, but also feisty and moody." He implored, pointing the pen at me before going back to biting on it.

I felt the tips of my ears grow red. "Oh, thanks. You have a very nice personality too." I returned awkwardly.

"Thank you! But now really isn't the time to be exchanging compliments." Dazai said, biting the inside of his lip and looking around.

"Let's go." Dazai walked over and slid his hand carefully into mine. He pulled me out the door.

"What was that about?" I asked, quickly pulling my hand away.

"Sorry. I just wanted to get out of that apartment." Dazai chuckled softly.

"Um, ok, but where do we look for Akutagawa first?"

"I don't know," Dazai confessed, sighing.

"Oh, right. Because you never have a plan,"I scoffed, my lip curving upwards.

"I do too!" Dazai laughed

"Well, let's go," Dazai said quickly, clearing his throat as he led me through the building.

"Dazai, where are we going?" I mumbled to myself, watching him walk as he pulled me along.

EN: IT KEEPS TRYING TO AUTOCORRECT AKUTAGAWA TO LASAGNA