Six~$1

"I'll give you a dollar if you go first.", I said.

Edward looked at me with his mouth open and a shocked expression

"Fine.", he said.

We walked down the stairs, flashlights in hand.

We found out rather fast that it was coming from that secret room.

"Let's go", Edward said. I followed my cousin into the room. I found a box of matches and lit a few candles. The tap sound was coming from a heater in that room.

I sighed out of relief. "See? It's nothing", Edward said trying to ease my fears down. I smiled.

"Can I get that $1 now?"

He was joking. "Nope.", I said playing with him.

We walked up the stairs, Edward in front of me.

All the sudden the door to the basement slammed shut in my face. Edward, I saw him, he didn't do it. The sound of people walking on the floor started below me.

I screamed and I screamed. We couldn't get the door open! We pulled, turned, pushed--nothing.

"God help me!"

The sounds stopped and the door opened on its own. I ran past Edward and into the living room.

Edward tried to calm me and explain what happened but I told him I just wanted to be left alone.

I walked up to my room, still shaken. I glanced at the clock in the wall 8:00

Corey would be here in a few minutes. I hurried to get ready. I washed my hair and blowed it dry until it was damp. I fixed my hair and makeup. Just then I heard something on my balcony.

Corey had managed to climb the banister and was on the balcony. He was 10 minutes early. I went and opened the door and let him in my room.

His embrace was the best thing I'd felt all day.

"Hey babe.", he said as he crashed on my bed.

"Hey, your early.", I said trying to hide the terror that remained in my voice. "What's wrong?", he said in a serious tone.

I told him the story of being locked in my basement as I dressed in my bathroom. I had a red dress that was knee length, the part above my chest (breast area) was red lace there and down the sleeves. I had black tights and black heels. I threw on my pork-pie hat too.

"Wait...are you sure it wasn't Edward?", he asked. I came out of the bathroom and looked at him.

"Cor, I saw it with my own eyes, he didn't have anything to do with it." I paced in front of my bed and Corey sat up on the big truck at the end of my bed.

"You look nice. And don't worry about your basement.", he said lovingly.

I stood in front of him and he hugged my waist. I sat beside him. "You think we are crazy yet?", I said half joking and half not. He smiled and gave me puppy dog eyes. His smile got me every time.

"If you are crazy, which everyone is, I must be crazier for loving you."

"Okay", I said getting up, "let's go."

"Wait. One question. Did you pay Edward?"