Tweleve~Father Figure

4 months after last chapters time

I sat in the passenger side of my Cadillac, I'm letting Corey drive. It's just him and me, traveling empty roads. We are taking a trip to my hometown of Houston Texas. I'd think after being together so long, her want to see where I was raised, and he does. Our bags throw in the back seat, nothing but fields and a setting sun and a road that looks endless. Perfect. Quite, just me and Cor, the radio faint and fireflies dancing, crickets singing love songs, stars shinning dimly, a prefect car ride, perfect boy at my side, perfect destination. Like my dreams have danced into reality.

I glance over at my boyfriend, light of my life, best friend, Corey. He's to dang beautiful. Soft, thick, fluffy, blonde and brown, hair. A smile that could light up the whole city. One side slightly raised, like Elvis, giving sight to white, perfectly lined teeth. And eyes! Oh his eyes. Like the ocean, blue, big and round, giving a glimpse into his heart and soul. I can tell what he feels just by those old blue eyes. You can see every tear cried, every star that he's ever seen, his whole world--just by those eyes. It'll never get old, looking at those eyes. He's got one hand on the wheel, other in mine. Fingers intertwined.

"Hey, you know what happened on this road?", I asked. He looked at me and smiled. "No, but you have my curiosity babe." I smiled and looked out the window. "Bunch of people of killed, massacre, some Norman Bates psycho, snapped and just went into the houses. People took of running and he killed them in the street." He glanced at me. "A, that's a lie! B, that's creepy." This was a true story, we'd just got into Texas, but not close to Houston. "It's true!", I said and then I laughed and he didn't believe me after that. "You grew up like this? With the quiet and...nothingness?", he asked smiling at me. I smiled at him. "Yeah. It was the best. Catch fireflies at night, run around all day, breakfast in morning. It was so quite, except for the crickets and the house settling. I used to sneak out of my room, and sit on the back porch swing, and watch the stars shine. The town was so small. Everyone knows everyone else, you can walk everywhere. A string of shops, Scales Street, that was our uptown. I loved it. But....if I could go back, I wouldn't stop us from moving to Cali, to you."

He smiled. "I love you too." I leaned forward to the radio. I switched it on, and flipped the stations. I stopped at a voice I could pick out amount the rest. My all time favorite, I knew every word to every song. George Michael.

We both started singing to the words. Father Figure. While everyone else was listening to Michael Jackson, I was dancing alone to George, Elvis , Ricky Nelson, Wham!, Def Leppard, and my old soul loves it. We sang the words and laughed at ourselves and one another. Corey didn't know all the words like I did, so he copied me. "I will be your father figure
Put your tiny hand in mine
I will be your preacher teacher
Anything you have in mind, baby
I will be your father figure
I have had enough of crime
So I am gonna love you
'Til the end of time!" The song ended and some song came on and I turned it down, it was fading into stadic anyhow.

We couldn't help but laugh at our own stupid selves. But I felt okay being stupid and crazy around Corey. "Your really good babe, but don't quit acting.", I said. He scoffed and tried to fight laughter. "If words could kill girl, you'd be serving a life sentence right now because you'd kill me!"

"Oh babe, I'd still love you. Even if you where dead", I said. "Jokes on you, I'd be with James Dean and Marilyn Monroe!" Corey and I have the same favorite actor: James Dean. Iv loved James Dean as long as I can remember. Marilyn is my hero. "Hahah, jokes on you because I'd still be here with George Michael and your mom." "That, now that Swayze, is cold." He looked at me and we smiled at each other.

Miles flew by and we talked and joked and laughed. Corey yawned. "Sleepy Darlin'?" I asked. I had my hand in his and the other wrapped around his arm, and I had my head leaning on his shoulder. "Yeah SJ. You?" I smiled at the moon. "Let's find one of those homey motels and get of the road", I said. We drove a few miles and found a motel. Sweet Dreams Motel. It looked decent.

But then again, salt looks like sugar.

We pulled up and got out, checked in, carried out bags in side, then Corey carried me inside. He's a sweetheart. He took the right bed, I took the left. It was a nice place. I didn't bother unpacking, I just got what I needed out of my bags. I felt okay, I felt the memories flood back. Some I was glad to have back, but others, knocked the wind out of me. Bad times. Back when I was parentheses and alone. Back when I lost 2 friends to themselves. Back when I was sad. I needed to clear my head.