Twenty Two~Obituaries

This kid was shorter than me! I'm really short! He had to be like 12 or 13. I stood dumbfounded. "Stunned by my good looks sweet?", he said. I had to look down at him to see him. He wasn't a midget, but he was Italian. "Edward!", I yelled. I grabbed Edward by the arm and dragged him into the kitchen. "How old is he?" "12." I almost took a swing at him. "What the heck Edward?" He and I bickered and he shoved me back towards the door. I was in to deep now. This kid has a high opinion of himself. "Okay, let's go." Let me tell ya, this kid wanted me to get in his bike. "C'mon! I won't hurt yas." "I'm not riding on your bike. I'll walk Sal." So we walked to the movies. He picked out a trashy movie called Forbidden. The people mumbled and it made no sense. "So beautiful--", I stopped him there. "I'm not your "beautiful", let's get that straight. I have a boyfriend, don't need or want a new one." "Okay! Miss Thaaannng." Did he really just call me that? I bit my lip trying not to be hateful.

We walked home, him flirting and me yelling at him to stop treating me like I was his property. Once at my door I walked inside and slammed the door. He caught the door. "Can I see you again my sweet?" I rolled my eyes. "Sal, your 12, I'm 17. I'm seeing someone. Come talk to me in 20 years." His eyes lit up. "Can I have a token of my sweet?" There he goes calling me his "sweet". I picked up the newspaper from this morning. "Here's the obituaries." He was making a romantic speech and I slammed the door in his face. "Night!", I yelled.

I went to eat ice cream and Edward came into the kitchen. "Sooooo....how'd it go?", he asked. "I hate you so much.", I said walking out. "Night Edward!", I called. I ran upstairs and showered and changed. I called Corey and told him how much I loved him, and told him about Sal. He laughed at me. At first he seemed pissed but he was messing with me. Typical Corey. We made dinner plans for the next night. I was still upset with Edward but I was getting over it. "At least you got a admirer", Corey said. I scoffed and giggled. "Why do I need another when I got you?"

Morning:
I got up early and started to make pancakes. Edward walked in. "Morning most wonderful cousin ever.", he said. What a suck up. "I'm not mad anymore. It was a terrible date, but it was an adventure." I pointed a fork at him and lifted myself up so I could sit on the counter. "What ya owe him for?" Edward covered his face with his hands. "I uhh....needed him to help with my homework." I wanted to laugh but I held it. "Oh well. That's life.", I said kindly. I laughed a the memory. "He asked for a token." Edward handed me a glass of tea. "What ya give him?" I smirked evil like. "The obituaries in the paper." Edward laughed. "That's sick! Good but sick!", he said threw his laughter.

My father walked in and kissed my head. "What's so funny?", he asked sitting down with today's paper. "It's a long story.", Edward said. "Yeah." I served my father and cousin pancakes and then my mom. "SJ", my mother said, "This cute kid came up here this morning and said you knew him. I think he was Italian." I giggled and Edward and I glanced at each other. "Iv never met anybody like that......nobody like that I like.", I said smirking.

Edward helped me clean up the dishes. I pointed a knife at him. "If you ever make a date for me again....ill snap of your arms and force them down your throat.", I said trying to be serious. He threw his hands up in defense. "I got ya princess worrier!" There was a silence as we worked. "I'm gonna end up in the obituaries 'for its over with.", he whispered with a smile.