Twenty three~Baby Sitter

The car ride over to the house was quite. I didn't mind, I didn't feel like talking anyhow. Okay, long story short: On my dads side of the family, there's a branch of rich snobby people. I got roped in on baby sitting my great aunts stepsons grandson. Well here I am, in a car over to a big house, in what looks like the middle of the forest, to watch some kid Iv never seen or heard of before. As the cab drove up the steep hill, the house came into view. (Photo above.) It's so beautiful! It looked like it had thousands of room and many floors. The color was dark, it was in the middle of the woods, but it was beautiful. The driver got out and opened the gate and drove up the drive. We came to a stop and I got nervous. The driver smiled and me and opened my door for me. "Here we are.", he said getting my suitcases. He smiled at me and handed me his card. "If you need a ride out of here, call." I thanked him and smiled with southern hospitality. He drove away and I made my way up the porch. I knocked and waited for someone to open the door. A woman, blonde, tall, thin and pretty, opened the door. "Hello", she said without emotion. "Hi! I'm Sarah Jane Swa--" "I know. Come inside." She waved me inside and I was left breathless. It was even more pretty on the inside. Stairs, fire place, couches and tables and chairs. The floor was cover with a red carpet and hard wood. "This is your home for the next 7 weeks." A man, brunette, tall, skinny joined me and the woman. "I'm Mr.Davis and this is my wife, Mrs.Davis." I smiled. "I'm Sarah Jane Swayze. But everyone calls me SJ. I understand I'll be watching your....?" "Son. Our son, Brice." "Brice.", I repeated. Mr. Davis is a lot more nice than his wife. "Come on now, let's meet him.", he said leading us up the grand stairs. We walked into a room filled with toys, framed photos, a bed and a dresser. In a rocking chair, looking right at me, was a China doll. It was dressed in a suit with brown hair and big almost grey eyes. "This is Brice.", Mr. Davis said. I giggled. "Are you being serious? That's a doll.", I said.

In my defense, anybody in the same position would say the same thing. "That's out son!", Mrs. Davis said. "I'm so so so so sorry. I didn't know!", I said running to my own defense. This weird couple showed me the house, gave me a list longer than I am of notes, chores (daily), and info about there "son". They told Brice goodbye and drove off. I sighed and sat down. I'm stuck here for 7 weeks and I'm baby sitting for crazy people and their doll son. Great! What did my dad rope me into? This is gonna be boring. I have no car or way out of here, I'm alone, only with a phone.....Oh! And I'm not doing chores and watching a doll!

I unpacked my stuff in my room. I had a vanity, bed (that's stupid, duh), a night stand with a phone, a closet and a window with a place to sit. Not to bad. There isn't much to do. Wait....how am I supposed to buy groceries and stuff? Towns a really long ways away and I don't have a mode of transportation. These people want to kill me!

I walked around the house and thought about how I missed home. Brice. I decided to go see Brice. I walked into his room. His head was facing the window beside him, I could have sworn he was facing this way earlier. I'm losing it. I skipped back to my room and dialed Corey's number.
Ring
Ring
Ring
"Yellow?" "Coreyyyy! This is such crap! I'm baby sitting a doll! A doll!"
"Slow down", he said, "you sitting for a doll?" I rolled my eyes. "Yes Corey. A doll. They act like it is a real boy!" I could tell he was smiling. "Like that Disney movie?" "Corey! Get your mind out of the gutter! It's a glass doll with a suit on. I'm stuck in this house for 7 weeks with a creepy doll." "Are you getting paid?" Wait....am I getting paid? Don't seem so. "I don't think so. Did I mention I have no way to leave?! I'm gonna kill my dad. I'm gonna kill him. Not even kidding, he's dead." Corey laughed. That made me feel better.

I laid there talking to Corey for a hour and a half. Once off the phone, I decided to blast my records and draw. Thus, I put on George Michael (typical me) and got out some pictures Edward had drawn so I could color them. Edwards a really good artist. Like really good. I'm pretty good, but sometimes he lets me color what he has drawn. (See photo below)

I glanced at the clock on the wall

I glanced at the clock on the wall. "3:33?" I better get sleep. Not liked I can't stay up all night anyway. I put everything away and changed. I heard this scratching sound. Like, scratching on wood. What the heck is that? I peeked out of my room, and looked out. Nothing out of place. I was freaked. The house is old SJ. It's settling. Get some rest. I told myself. Tomorrow I can explore.