Eighteen~Spoons

Ralph Macchio pulled me into a hug. "Little Swayze!" Okay, look, Ralph is here because he owes me a favor and Ellie liked him so....why not put two and two together? Whatever, I don't need to explain myself. Tonight I was going to surprise Ellie with Ralph. Ain't I just Darlin'? After running over the plan with a very single Ralph, I slipped downstairs and to the Cafe. Corey was talking to Otis. "Hey ya boys." Corey wrapped one arm around me. "We had the princess been?", he asked. "Playing fairy God mother", I said smiling.

I was ready to get to Houston. But this town had a hold over me. I had work o do. "Corey?", I asked jerking his attention to me. "Yes babe?" I had an idea I wanted to run by him. "That's a great idea! I mean, is gonna wake up the town!" We talked over the plans to "wake up the town".

Dinner:
Corey and I tried to eat food with chopsticks in while sitting on the bedroom floor. "I can't do it!", Corey said laughing at himself. I laughed at him. "I'll go get spoons." I rushed down the stairs. The rest of the house was dark and asleep. I quietly got the spoons and went back to our room. "Now I'll be able to get it in my mouth", he said. "Your so adoringly stupid." "Hey!", he said trying not to laugh. "Spoons are a life saver." I choked on air laughing at this. "I think spoons are my favorite thing other than you", he said. I smiled. "Nice to know I'm above the spoons." We both laughed. "Wait, wait, wait", Corey said getting up. He flipped threw my huge record collection. He skimmed the titles and artist. He came to one he liked and placed it in the player. I knew what it was in seconds. I Could Fall In Love, Elvis Presley. "You like this one right?" I smiled. "Yes." He waltzed me around the room. "Would it be a sin?" "I can't help falling in love.....with you." Magic. That's the word to describe this moment.
"You'll always top spoons", he said.

That night:
I sat on the steps of the inn with Ellie. After a few minutes I told her "I got somebody I want ya to meet." I dragged her to the cafe and covered her eyes with my hands. She laughed at I nearly tripped us over every other second. I sat her down and uncovered her eyes. "Mrs. Ellie Macchio", I whispered to her.