Twenty Four~Roman

I woke up, showered and picked out something to wear. A black and white striped tee and jeans and converses. I like to look nice somedays even when I have no place to go. I hopped step by step down stairs. I bolted into the kitchen, and ate dry cereal. They had s tv, it was the news. Better than nothing. Some teenagers had been killed and dumped in the woods. Tomatoes are a fruit. Betty White is actually older than sliced bread, like literally. Nice things to know. I locked all the doors, I believe killers are real and nobody is safe. I got this irk to see Brice. I skipped up to his room.

He wasn't even in the chair! He was in his bed! I didn't touch that creepy doll. No sir! I locked him in there. Nope, this ain't happening. I ran to my room and the phone rang as I stepped in. It was my dad.

"You didn't tell me I was sitting for a doll!" My father took a deep breath. "I'm sorry, I didn't find out till you left and I couldn't reach you." I held the phone to my chest. I was looking for my sense and holding my temper. "Okay okay. Have you ever met these people?" "One or twice a long long time ago. Before I met your mom." A question raced in my mind and it was all I could think. "How did they reach you to ask for a sitter?" There was a long pause. "Your great aunt reached out for help, I told them you could do it because.......your a good kid and I thought you could rub off on what I thought was a kid." We talked a little longer. I didn't feel comfortable.

Ya know that feeling where you don't feel alone? Like your being watched? That was all I could feel. Not completely safe. What I'd give to be back home. A knock came from downstairs and my heart skipped a few beats. The knocking pierced the silence. I ran the the front door and opened it. There stood a boy. A few years older than me, tall, Elvis (young) style hair and slim. "I'm Roman", he said. "I'm Sarah Jane, you can call me SJ", I said holding out my hand. We shook hands and I let him inside. He carried 3 boxes. He marched into the kitchen like he's been here before. "I deliver food to the Davis's sometimes. I bring M'lady some food for the next week." I smiled. "Soooo.....what's the story with these people? Like a doll for a son?", I asked. He winced like he didn't want me to know. "How bout I tell you over Chinese food?", he asked. "Hmm. Go get food with a boy who looks like Elvis and talk to to human in person...OR....stay here alone with a creepy doll. I'll take Mr. Elvis look alike!"

...

We ate and he drove me back to the house, but he stalled answering my question. We got out of the car. "Follow me.", he said. And I did. "This is the family grave yard.", he said opening the graveyard gate. Ironically, it got foggy outside. "this is where it all started", he began, "Brice was a real person. He died in a fire years ago. But before that, He was a weird kid. He played with this little girl, and one day she turned up dead in the swamp in the woods. After the fire the parents got that doll." It's a big mystery." Oh that's just great! "So angel face.." "My boyfriend calls me that.", I said cutting him off. "So SJ, how'd you end up here?" I sighed. "My dad roped me into it. It's a long story."

"So, you think the house is haunted?", he whispered. "Something isn't right.", I said, "I'd better get back, I got to call Corey." He sprinted off to his car. "See ya soon SJ!" "Bye Roman!"

...

"He was pretty nice. But, he knows something about this place that he isn't telling me.", I said. "I miss your face!", Corey whined. I giggled because he's so cute. "I miss you and I hate this place almost as much as I hate Satan!", I said in the same whiney tone. I talked to Corey a little longer and then we parted ways. I got ready for bed and settled in and switched of the lights. I closed my eyes and tried to get some sleep.

After a few minutes I was starting to fall, and a whisper, that wispy sound, went off in my ear. My eyes flashed open and I froze. I bolted up and scanned the room. Nothing. I got up, locked the door, and hurried under my covers. Like that part in The Lost Boys where Sam hides under the covers. I tried to fall asleep. After hours of tossing and turning I got a flash light at read a book about James Dean.

Morning:
I got dressed and got ready for the day. I made some toast and eggs and ate while watching the news. I had a cup of coffee, but God I was tired. Little did I know this day could only get worse...