Twenty Seven~East Of Eden

Iv spent a lot of the past 5 of 7 weeks with Roman. One day he walked me down to the lakes. I had on a Rebel Without A Cause shirt with jeans and my red converses and I had my leather jacket draped around my shoulders. "You like water?", he asked. I shrugged. "I don't know. Its water I guess." He looked like he was thinking about something. "Can you swim?", he asked. "Yes...no....kind of. It's not my thing.", I said.

I was about to say something else when I felt myself being picked up. I screamed. "Put me down!" "Roman you sick dirt bag, put me down!" I went on with these protest until I made contact with the water.

It was 37 degrees outside today. It was 5 o'clock. I struggle for air and I suck at swimming. I screamed but just took in more water. Finally I came up and dragged myself to the land. I scanned the area for Roman, he was not place to be seen.

I laid down in the dirt, only getting myself more dirty, catching my breath. I was going kill him. He threw me in a lake when I screamed not to. I started to cry and I usually don't believe in self pity. I got up and started to walk home.

I was lonely, depressed and stuck here with a crazy boy who likes to throw people in lakes.

"God, SJ, what are you doing out here. It's cold.", a voice said and I knew who I belonged to. "God, thank god. Corey!", I yelled. "Why are you wet?", he asked draping his jacket around my arms. I was shivering.

"Come back to the house and I'll tell you.", I said leading him to it.

...

It only took a few minutes to get there. I opened the door and lit a fire. I hurried upstairs to change out of wet clothes and shower. I put on a sweater and new jeans and my heeled boots. My hair was still wet so I brushed and blew it dry.

Corey stood in front of the couch. "Who's this?", he asked pointing. I turned to see what it was. "Jesus, Mary and Joseph! That's Brice, but I didn't move him down here! He was up stairs!", I said panicking.

"Calm down babe", Corey said as he put his hands on my shoulders. "Now, why where you wet?"

...

"I'm gonna kill him!", Corey shouted as he paced around after I told him what happened. "I'm gonna really kill that sorry...ohhhh...he's so dead!" Corey went on with this speech of "I'm gonna kill him!" And I said "Can you stop yelling?"

"SJ, you know where he lives right?" I sighed. "No, and please do not kill him." Corey scoffed. "Why?! He threw up in a lake in 30 some degree weather! That bothers me, I promised you i wasn't gonna let anybody hurt you and I'm holding that up! Your being so hard headed!"

Tears streamed down my face like lake water had streamed down my hair before. "SJ, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean that.", he cooed softly as he wrapped me in a hug. "It's-it's-not you! I trusted him and he threw me in a lake. I'm humiliated and tired and...and...and, I'm so done!", I said.

This was the truth. Iv had trust issues my whole life and now it's even worse. "I mean...thank god your here. How's it that you always manage to show up when I need you?", I asked. He wiped my tears away.

"How about we catch a James Dean movie", he started. He knew James Dean was my favorite actor and his. "And we make some food and chill out?"

I smiled. A knock at the door broke my happiness. "Who's that?", I asked going to get it. "Doll, we'd better be careful who we trust now.", Corey said following me. I opened the door ready to yell at Roman but it wasn't him.

"Ellie!", I yelled wrapping my close friend into a hug. "Ralph", I said hugging him as well. "Come in!", I said letting them inside.

Corey and Ralph started talking and Ellie pushed for details on what Iv been up to.

"Why would he do a thing stupid like that?", she asked as I talked about the lake thing. "I don't know. Corey wants to kill him. How are you?"

She smiled. She talked about how her and Ralph are serious and how she thinks he might be taking this acting job and move her to LA with him. I was glad to hear it.

I felt better with my friends and Corey around.

...

Corey and I sat snuggled up in a blanket on the couch and Ralph and Ellie sat in the same fashion in the love seat. We had put in James Dean in East Of Eden. His first film and a legendary one. I was watching Corey enjoy the film more than really watching it.

A knock at the door made us all jump out of place. "Anyone else know we are here?", Ralph asked. "No..", I responded.

Corey climbed over the couch and jogged over to the door. I chased after him to see.

He opens the door to show us the visitor. He looked like id seen him before. I was so close to placing it but I just can't. But my instincts send my signals and my heart races. I just know....it's him....after all this time and all these months....him.