Thirteen~Long Showers, Loud Music, Deep Thoughts

I put clothes on the bathroom counter, and put a towel on the ground outside the shower. I plugged up my record player, put a George Michael record on. I undressed and got under the shower head. Corey was falling asleep and the tv was on. The hot water washed away the day, and I got to thinking.

I didn't make sound, but tears ran down my face. I was reminded of my life before I became Patrick Swayze's daughter. Being beat on, thrown in basements, being left alone, called terrible names, crying myself to sleep. And the memories of 2 of my friends killing themselves. Anna, hanged herself, bullied but I adored her. Joey, hung himself, I found him in the woods. I stayed in the shower till I stopped caring, until I got to terms with the fact that I had so much to be happy about. I turned of the water, dried my body off and put my wet hair in braids. I changed into a oversized long sleeve shirt. I put on leggings and ran the blow drier over my hair until it was damp and stopped wetting my shirt. I put my other clothes back in my bag. I turned the music off and put that stuff back too. I looked at the steam on the mirror. I turned of the light and walked out of the room. Corey was sleeping and cuddled up with a pillow. He looked so angelic and cute. I was tempted to take a picture. So I did.
I turned the lighted of but left the tv on. I put my bags at the foot of the bed. I worked the blankets out from under Corey and slipped them over him. I kissed his head and he moved a little. He had one hand under his pillow and the other hanging over the bed. I turned the tv off and slipped under my covers and got comfortable. I took one hand and held his that was hanging over. I felt safe with him. How lucky am I?

Morning:
The sun peeked threw the slit in the curtains and woke me up. I sat up in bed and sat there thinking about today. I looked over to the bed next to mine, Corey wasn't there. I got up and knocked on the bathroom door, he wasn't there either. I grabbed my bad and got ready. I put on a record, changed into a long sleeve gray shirt, a skirt with pink flowers and my gray converses. I put on a little makeup, fixed up my hair, packed up my stuff and skipped out of the room. I sat on my bed wondering where my boyfriend was. The door opened and be can inside with coffee cups. "Morning princess", he said sitting in front of me on the bed. "Mornin' Cor."
He handed me my cup of coffee and talked about today and driving around.

We packed up everything and loaded into the car, I let Corey drive. "Tell me something. Where are we?", Corey asked. I didn't need a map, I knew this place like a George Michael song. "Lubbock.", I said. "How'd it get a name like that?" I laughed. "How'd you get a name like Haim?" He glared at me but grinned.

The city was in view. Businesses and people, houses and cars, roads and freeways. And....traffic. "This place isn't like anything Iv ever seen!", Corey said. I turned to look at him. "Why?" He smiled that beautiful smile. "It's so old fashioned and together, not to mention clean! Nothing like L.A. I can see why you love it." I smiled and giggled. "Wait till we get to Houston and you see it there."

Afternoon:
The sun was in the middle of the sky and the blue of the sky was turning a sweet light orange. The AC was on and Corey amused me with his stories. I kind of missed my Houston life, but I shoved the thoughts like that out of my mind.

"I remember one year, Christmas time, this old woman showed up. She apparently lived there before, and we invited her for dinner and she told us she wanted to like die in the house. Of course we told her "no". She tried to die in the house a lot over the next few days. She faked her obituary and suck into the house and hid and tried to die, so we had to find her, my dad told her she could die in the house but she didn't want to anymore because I think she came to the fact that that's rude and creepy", I told Corey. He raised on eyebrow. "Your lying!" I scoffed. "No I'm not! Im a terrible liar, specially for an actress. It really happened!" He laughed at me, at the fact I am a terrible liar.

We drove and talked and listened to the radio. The car slowed and gave out. Broke down like a crazy person. "Craaaaap!", Corey said. "Craaaapity crap crap crap", he said. I giggled at this and he looked at me and I giggled more. We got out of the Cadillac and popped the hood. My father, thank the lord for him, had spent a whole summer teaching me about fixing a car. I stared at the 'guts' of the car. It started giving off smoke and I backed up. We needed a licensed mechanic.
"Soooo", Corey started, "what now?" I thought for a second. "Looks like we are gonna have to walk to find some help." We locked the doors and stared walking. "Sorry it isn't going as planned.", Corey said wrapping an arm around me. I felt comforted as he did so. "It's not like you did it. Besides, it's an adventure. And, there's nobody else I'd get into this situation with!" He laughed. "Beautiful, how do you always look on the bright side", he asked. I smirked. "Not always Cor."
"Tag your it!", he yelled and poked me in the shoulder. I ran after him, and tagged him back. "We are so childish!", I yelled as we stopped and fell in the grass beside the road. He laughed and smiled. "Nobody else I'd be this childish with." I smiled. "Stop! Your melting my heart! Your to sweet and adorable!", I said playfully but meaning every word. "I love you", he said and his smile landed on mine. "Not like I love you."