Nineteen~To Houston

Corey and I set up a tarp and poles to make a shelter. I made paper hearts and shapes and dangled them by strings from the ceiling. Ellie and Ralph hit it off quick! We moved tables and chairs under the tarp "building". We spread the word that we where throwing a party. I used extension cords to bring my record player outside. We all hurried to get dressed. I put on a 1950s dress and heels. Everyone flocked to the party and everything was perfect. Otis called my name and I skipped over. "Great news! You guys can leave anytime. I got the caddie fixed up!", he said loudly over the music. "Thanks for everything Otis. Your a life saver!", I said. Otis and I danced a little and I skipped back over to Corey. "You did good beautiful." I smirked. "I didn't work alone. You handsome idiot."

The party was perfection. I felt like this town had a special place in by heart. So the night carried on. The feeling of rain drops hitting skin effected everybody. We ran to the shelter of tarp and poles. The rain didn't bother me. We ended the night and slept soundly.

Morning:
As the sun was bright in the sky, Corey and I got ready to leave. I thanked Otis and earned myself one of his bear hugs. Hugs are the best. Then I skipped over (yes I like skipping and yes I skip a lot) to see Ellie. I walked into the kitchen and her and Ralph where having breakfast, so I didn't interrupt. I ran up to mine and Corey's former room. I skimmed the room for our stuff. On the pillow was a white envelope. I opened it carefully.

Dear Sarah Jane Swayze,
Thanks for the party and memories. Thanks for Ralph, I think we will be together for a long time. He's so sweet! Anyway, your a real Saint. Thanks for bringing the town to life. Corey and you really love each other. Don't let that go. <3

-Ellie.

My heart melted a little. I had to write back. I sat down with a pen and paper and tried to find the words.

Dear Ellie,
Your a sweet angel and I hope you and Ralph can find your own promised land. I thank you for everything you have done, your a real friend. It's not everyday that you find a girl who you really can relate to and understand. Unicorns, spoons, rainbows and love.
-Sarah Jane "SJ" Swayze

I put the letter outside her door. I smiled at the thought of Ellie and Ralph.

I joined Corey and Otis outside. "Let's par-Tay out of this town", Corey said doing this odd dance. What a babe. We said goodbye and jumped inside. "To Houston!" I said.

"To Houston!", Corey repeated.