Ten~It Cant Move!

Corey and I sat in my car in an empty parking lot. It was mid-day. Corey only had his learners permit, so he had asked for my help. I already had my license.

"Okay. Back into a parking spot.", I said from the passenger side. "Gotcha!", he said with confidence.

"Why are you going across the parking lot?"

"Um, because I want that space", he said pointing.

"Okay then."

Now that we had reached the parking space, it was time to park.

"Turn in and park.", I instructed.

We jolted forward. I brushed my hair out of my face.

"That was to fast!", I said.

"Sorry. I'll try to avoid that next time."

Corey carefully got us in the parking space. Now he had to get out of it.

"Remember, check for coming cars before hand. Then reverse, turn a bit and leave.", I instructed.

"I can do that!", he said happily.

He made jazz hands for a minute then put his hands back on the wheel. He went in reverse.

We jolted backwards.

"Are you trying to kill us?", I asked brushing hair out of my face. "There's a pole.", he said, "it moved in the way."

I looked at him and smiled sweetly. "It can't move! It's stuck in concrete and stays in the ground Cor.", I said.

"Sorry", he said.

"Are you trying to give me a panic attack Cor?"

"No. I love you.", he said with concern

He made puppy dog eyes and stuck his bottom lip out, "mad at me?", he asked.

He knew how to get on my good side. "No, can't be mad at that face.", I admitted.

He smiled. "Yay."

"Let's try that one more time without killing one of us, hmm?"

"Sure thing babe!" He started the car and moved into a parking place. Then, carefully and without killing us, put it in reverse and the car out of the space.

I clapped. "Good job, fabulous, marvelous, wonderful!", I said.

He bowed as best he could while sitting in the drivers seat.

"Now take me back home please and thank you.", I said sweetly.

"You got it!", he said

Corey managed to get me and my car home without injury or death. I was very proud of him.

He insisted on walking home, his house was only a few minutes away. I watched him from the driveway. I'd hadn't realized how Lat it was 5:43. I went inside, I wanted to make my parents a surprise dinner, but I'd have to plan it first.