Chapter 9

"Is that the last box? Cause I swear if you say there is another truck load, I'm going to faint." James said flopping onto the carpet.

"C'mon we only brought in like 30boxes." I said helping him up.

"Are you telling me there's more?" He said sitting back down, and pulling me down to the ground with him.

"No, now let me get up." I said trying to get up, but he had a steady hold on my waist. He was keeping me right next to his chest to the point where I could feel his heart beat.

"Fine, but can you order a pizza?" He said letting me out of his grip. After I was out of his reach I almost wanted to go back into his arms.

"Ok what kind?" I said turning around to find him standing really close to me.
"Pepperoni." He smiled.

"Ok." I picked up the phone and ordered the pizza. While I was on the phone the door ball rang. I waved James over to go get it. He answered it, and came back with a envelope in his hand.

"It's for you." He said holding it out to me as I opened the door. I opened the envelope. Inside there was a Condolences card.

"Who passed away?" James said studying the card.

"I don't know." I said as I opened the Card.

______________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for your loss, James was really dear to my heart. Don't worry my Luna soon you and I will rule this land.

Love,

Your mate.

______________________________________________________________________________

"What the hell?" I said as my eyes retraced the first sentence. Then a deep growl came from James' chest and he tackled me to the ground growling 'mine'.

"It's fine Buttface McGee. Nobody is here they left." I said attempting to push him off of me. Then footsteps sounded on the wrap around deck.

"Quick to the tunnels." James said pushing me in front of him to the basement. He shoved me into the hidden entrance to the tunnel, and shut the door behind me. There was a loud thud on the other side of the door then a deep growl, and the sound of sniffing. James shoved me in front of him as we ran to the entrance to his house. We reached a ladder that led to his house and he put me on his shoulders while going up the ladder. He opened the door. We were his living room. Then a voice boomed from behind me.

"Who goes there." It was just Marc James' brother.

"It's just me."I said putting my hands up in surrender.

"Oh, what are you doing here." Then James' walked farther up the ladder with me still on his shoulders. He stopped when he was shoulder height with the floor. I stepped off his shoulders, and gave Marc a hug. James' growled, and I stepped away.

"Let's sleep in my room." He said as he grabbed my hand and led me up some wooden stairs. His room was painted white and had football teams painted on the walls. His bed was a Queen. I jumped into the bed, and pulled up the covers.

"You aren't gonna put on any pajamas?" He said looking at me.

"Don't have any." I said as I snuggled deeper into the warmth of the bed. He threw me his football jersey, it ended just below my knees so I figured it was ok to wear. He looked at me for a moment wondering what I was doing. When I made the motion with my finger for him to turn around he rolled his eyes and closed his eyes. I threw off my clothes and put on the jersey it was strangely warm, and comfortable.

'Thats because it's your mate!' My wolf howled with joy.

'Clam it Fido!' I said back. Then I climbed into the bed as James' did the same.

"Goodnight love." He said as he planted a kiss on my forehead.

"Goodnight." I said as I rolled over. He pulled me closer to him, and put his arm around my waist holding me in place. I let the warm soft bed lead me into the darkness.

'Mate' was the last thing my wolf said before I drifted into a deep warm sleep.