Chapter 12

I hung out with Rita, Ayla and Julie until James came back like a hour later.

"Your dad really doesn't like me." He said from behind me.

"Yeah well you broke my heart what did you expect? Him to welcome you with open arms?" I said with my arms crossed over my chest.

"That reminds me, did you growl?" He said taking a step closer to me.

"No, I just burped." I lied. Then I looked up to see his eye was still black, but the swelling had gone down. Once again I let out a growl. He took a step closer to me with the same cocky grin from earlier.

"You have no idea how much I wanna smack that smile off your face." I said as he pulled me so that I was rubbing up against him.

"Is that only thing you wanna do to my face?" He said with the same cocky grin. My wolf let out a loud purr.

"Oh so you do?" He said putting his forehead against mine.

"Yeah" I said leaning in until our lips were 1centimeter away.

"To bad you had to be a smartass." I said turning around. Then I sat down at a picnic table for lunch. James sat down a few tables down, but I could see him perfectly. Then my old friend Zane sat down next to me.

"I haven't seen you in forever!" He said handing me some punch.

"I know!" I said giving him a hug. I turned to see James staring daggers at Zane.

"Have you found your mate?" I said while taking a sip of my punch.

"Yeah," he said looking at the ground.

"Really! I wanna meet her." I said standing up.

"She rejected me at first sight." He said pulling me back down.

"Oh I'm sorry." I sighed.

"It's fine I have liked this one girl for a really long time, and I plan on asking her if she feels the same way." He smiled at the ground with a shy smile.

"She would be lucky to have a guy like you." I smiled at him. He was always there for me. Honestly, he looked hot. I always had a crush on him. His tan skin with short black hair always made me blush. Then he grabbed my chin so I was looking him in the eye.

"It's you Kimberley." He said before kissing me. It was everything I had ever dreamed of. Then I was yanked away by none other then Buttface McGee himself.

"What the hell is going on?" He growled at Zane. Then he picked Zane up by the shirt collar.

"You keep your nasty hands off her, or I will cut them off!" He growled. Everyone stopped, and looked at the fight going on.

"You rejected her! I have every right to touch her!" Zane growled back showing no fear.

"I revoked my rejection!" James spat. Then I stepped in.

"James put him down or I will sleep in a hotel tonight!" I growled. Everyone looked at me in shock.

"What's the matter? I have a voice I can use it!" I yelled at the people who had gathered around us. James slowly put Zane down, but continued to growl.

"Come on Kim were leaving." James said grabbing my arm.

"No I'm staying. You have fun!" I said planting my feet in place.

"Fine then I'm staying with you." He said back.

"Sure, but I don't wanna be anywhere near you!" I growled, then I grabbed Zane's arm, and led him into the crowd. The crowd of people started to cheer at my boldness.

"I'm so sorry about him he can go all alpha male a lot." I said stopping to look at Zane.

"It's fine, so are you to a thing?" He said half smiling half concerned.

"No, it's its complicated." I said looking back at James. He was headed toward the road, and probably home. Damn did he look pissed. My wolf was howling for me to go, and get him to say I loved him, but I didn't know if I really did like him.

"Oh, so if your free then how about a date on Wednesday night?" He smiled kindly. "Sure." I said hugging him again.

"I missed you SO much." He whispered into my ear.

"I missed you too." I whispered back.

&$!8)?(7,(7?&!$)(76!!$9?7)(7)?&$!8)((7?)8!8?)7?&$!8$?65:457$!97(357(!97458)$

Authors note: so hey what did you think of this chapter? Could Zane be the person who sent Kimberley the letter? Or is he just a old crush who would do anything for a girl he loves. We'll that will be answered before the end of the book. So anyway. Remuneration shit bricks and stay dumb!