He hit me. (and it felt like a kiss)

And once again Arthur felt the weightlessness wash over him as his mind and body became numb. He should have guessed this would happen. He often had nosebleeds as a kid that would result in fainting. His temper seemed to eat through him like acid burning holes through his head, his mind, his bones, and enamel.

He woke up soon after, his wrists now bandaged with dried blood painting the titanium white. He felt like he couldn't, or shouldn't move. Like he was handcuffed to the bed like an animal, being put down like an old dog to sleep. He felt like he was already dead, but he didn't know it, yet. The American soon came into his view, his disguise on, his sweet smile gleaming at him. Arthur found the energy to sit up, never taking his eyes off of Alfred. The demon cautiously sat on the end of the bed, lightly taking Arthur's wrist and examining it before letting it go.
"How are you feeling?" Alfred looked genuinely concerned.

Arthur gave a faint nod, retracting his arms. " I just... Don't know what happened."

"I know. I haven't been completely honest to you. I need to start explaining things to you but truth is... I'm scared. I'm scared it'll hurt you more." Alfred avoided making eye contact.

Arthur gulped. How was he supposed to respond? He wanted to know, he needed to know, about his mum, about Alfred.

"But not now. I feel like I've hurt you enough for today. But, please... Just please trust me." Even though Alfred was in a form alien to his natural self, there was still something so human about his pleading. Although he didn't want to, Arthur did trust him. The Brit nodded, causing the demon to give a reassuring smile.

Arthur didn't want to get better, he wanted to stay ignorant. Wanted to stay sick so Alfred could mend him. Keep him in bed as his angel of death sighs over him. As odd as it may sound, it felt content. He'd give his body to Satan in a heartbeat if it meant staying like this, if he could only keep his soul, but there doesn't seem to be a split between them anymore.

_______________________________________

[AN]
Fun fun fun spoiler next chapter is gonna be personal experience with regards to suicide cults.

It wasn't supposed to end up like this

Not the book, but life in general