One day, I swear

"You alright, Arthur?" Alfred looked genuinely concerned. Arthur hadn't spoken or taken a noticeable breath of air for awhile now, but it was hard to say how long, time seemed to have stopped, or it may have been killed and maimed.

Arthur's eyes revealed his broken, tired soul. No matter what he did or said, his eyes would give him away. His heart was filled with fear, the type of waiting fear where you know someone you love is going to do something horrible to you that will change your life forever, and you're just lying there naked, unable to stop them or move, waiting for them to destroy you forever.

Arthur gave a faint nod, shaking a little as the vulnerable feeling crept over him. This fear destroyed his soul, devoured his self being, slaughtered his happiness. He truly just wanted to find his coup de grâce.

Alfred moved over to Arthur, putting his arm around him and with some difficulty and clumsiness, managed to lift the smaller man into his arms. He carried to shaking Brit into the bedroom, placing him onto his unmade bed, moving the sheets that were soaked in vomit and blood.

Arthur was crying now. His eyes stung sharply as he tried to fight them back, he didn't want to cry, he didn't know why he was crying.

"Shhhhh, its okay, its okay Arthur. Please don't cry." Alfred's caring nature shined through, and Arthur, feeling vulnerable, clung to Alfred like it his last piece of humanity relied on it. The demon ran his hand through Arthur's hair, many strands following it until he was left with a lot tangled wires intertwined with his fingers.

"I'll make sure that everything will be better from now on, okay? Trust me, please. Please trust me. I just want the best for you." Alfred's plea was somewhat heartbreaking, observing this powerful, otherworldly creature be brought to such indignity and sorrow was something that made Arthur hate himself just a little more, but he wouldn't lie, he did like how much Alfred loved him.

"Thank you, Alfred" Arthur managed to cough up through sobs and deep breaths. His whole body screamed in a deep sadness that would haunt him forever. He would never be over it, he would never be happy. This dark shadow engulfed his entire corpse, leaving behind it's own forms of bruises and scars. He would do anything to let his soul be free.

____________________
[AN]

coup de grâce - something like "final grace" or mercy, basically death.

I want to die

Art is mine