Chapter 3

When we arrived at Taco Bell, I felt my phone vibrate. I looked down and saw a message from Brooklyn.

'Hey Kylie. I'm finna go out for lunch. Wanna join?'

'I'm at Taco Bell with my dad. Maybe next time.'

'I'm just around the corner. I'll be there in five.'

I haven't talked to Brooklyn in so long. It's gonna be nice getting to see her face to face.

"Hey dad, Brooklyn's coming here to eat lunch with us. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, that's fine hunny."

After we ordered our food, Brooklyn came busting through the doors. Brooklyn has always been the type to just do whatever she wants without caring about what others think. That's one of her many features that I admire.

"Hey Brooklyn. Long time no see." I grinned at her, pulling her into a tight hug.

"Oh my gosh! We have so much to catch up on! First of all, what was it like in Florida? Did you move on from Austen? Did you make a new best friend?" Brooklyn poked out her bottom lip, knowing dang well I didn't make a new best friend.

"Florida was amazing! It's so peaceful there. I was finally getting to find out who I am, or more of who I want to be. I met a few guys but no one I developed feelings for. They were all sweet; it's just so hard for me to move on. I know I need to, but it's extremely difficult facing the fact that me and Austen are completely over. And of course I didn't make a new best friend! You're the one and only!" I plastered a goofy smile on my face, loving being able to hang out with her again.

"Kylie, Austen is a player. He never actually had feelings for you. You were just his toy. I know it's hard, but you have to move on. You will be a lot happier once you do."

I know she's right; she always is. It feels great finally getting to speak to her again. We skyped a little when I was in Florida but we never actually got to have a real conversation. Even though I'm back in California, it won't be so hard with Brooklyn by my side.

"You're right. Thanks, for everything." We both just sat and talked like I never left, like we were never apart.

After we ate, my dad left for work while Brooklyn and I went back to my house, watching movies and discussing everything that's happened since I left. Not much, but enough to make a difference. I hope I'm not the talk of the school when I return. Being humiliated by Austen was enough. I don't need everyone else to make my life miserable.

This move may be difficult, but it may just be the move I need to become the woman my mom would be proud of.

Please Vote and comment! Thanks! :)