Chapter 32

"Hunny, you need to get up and get ready for school." My father announced, shaking me awake.

"Can I stay home today? I don't feel too good." I replied, holding my stomach.

"No. You don't need to miss any school. This is your last year and in a month and a half you have Christmas break. You can handle it. You're a tough girl. Just take some medicine and off you go!" My dad stated, enthusiastically.

"Ugh!!!" I grunted.

My dad held out his hand to help me up. I took it reluctantly, giving him a death glare in the process.

"Don't look at me like that! You will thank me in the end. Breakfast is ready downstairs. Just get dressed and come on down. I have to work late again tonight so you can order in some pizza or something." He stated, handing me $40.

I gave him a fake smile and walked into my bathroom. I started my water and plugged my iPod into my jukebox. Nothing like a nice shower and music to start off your day.

After my shower, I brushed my teeth and threw my hair into a sloppy side ponytail. I don't really care what I look like right now. School is gonna be a hell hole. Not only do I have to tell Brooklyn the whole story, but I have to face Ezra and everyone that witnessed our argument at the party. I'm gonna try to avoid the 21 questions and the apologetic looks I get from Ezra. It's gonna be hard but I can do it. I got over Austen. I can get over Ezra. I'm gonna start focusing on myself; figure out who I am and who I want to be. I've never really done that before. I've always been as my mom would call it 'boy crazy.' But I'm a teenager. Of course I'm gonna be boy crazy.

I slipped into my oversized purple tap out hoddie and black yoga pants. I paired it with black mid-shin length UGGS. I'm not wearing much makeup. Just some voluminous mascara on my bottom and top eyelashes. I threw my bag over my shoulder and ran down stairs to grab some breakfast.

"Ooooo!! A country styled omelet! I'm in love with these things dad! I haven't had one since....." I trailed off.

I hate mentioning her death. It hurts too much hearing it out loud.

"Yeah, I know. That's why I made it. You seemed pretty down last night and this morning so I thought this might cheer you up."

"It has." I smiled. "Thank you daddy." I stated, giving him a much needed hug.

"What's got you so down in the blues?" He asked curiously.

"Umm.....Nothing. Just some drama."

"What kind of drama?"

"You wouldn't understand." I replied.

He paused for a second. His face turned serious. He pushed his plate to the side and looked me straight in the eyes. It scared me sh**less.

"W-What's wrong?" I asked, scared of the answer.

"I may not understand the teenage mind like your mother did but I can still try and help. I'm here for you whenever you need me. You just have to learn how to open up."

I've always had problems with opening up. It took me several years to open up to Brooklyn and she's my best friend. I was slowly learning how to open up to Ezra. Trust is something you have to earn. It's not just granted to anyone. I put up walls to protect myself from the people that just want to hurt me. I put up walls not to keep others out, but to see who cares enough to break them down. Only a few people in my life have actually cared enough to knock them over. Ezra, I thought, was one of them. He broke my trust and that's something hard to get back.

"I know dad. It's..... It's just hard to explain."

He wouldn't want to hear my explanation because it involves a boy breaking my heart. He hated Austen so he told me I couldn't date again until I was out of high school. He would kill me if he found out about us...... or what we were.