Chapter 6

"So we have another jerk in school." Brooklyn sighed, rolling her eyes.

As I told Brooklyn what went down in the hallway, her eyes filled with anger. Brooklyn's never liked Austen but ever since he cheated on me, her hatred towards him intensified. She told me from the beginning that dating Austen was a huge mistake, but I didn't believe her. So of course whenever he cheated on me she had to say "I told you so."

"He has to be if he's friends with Austen."

"Well that sucks 'cause he is really hot!" Brooklyn gushed, winking at me.

Just as she said that, everyone got quiet. I didn't understand why until I turned around. Austen, Ezra, and their little "gang" walked in. I hope they don't notice me. Knowing Austen, he won't pass up the opportunity to embarrass me and then once again, everyone's attention is directed towards me.

When they passed our table, Austen gave us his signature smirk and Ezra just looked straight into my eyes. I didn't notice I was staring back until Brooklyn called out my name.

"Earth to Kylie. Who are you staring at?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. What did you say?"

"I asked who you were staring at."

"Oh um... No one special."

"Yeah because you stare at non-special people." Brooklyn giggled.

I playfully pushed her, "Whatever."

Ezra is definitely not special. He's far from it . But I have to hand it to him, he has gorgeous eyes. Crap! Here he comes! Quit thinkin' about his eyes Kylie!

"Kylie right?" Ezra asked.

"Jerk right?" I crossed my arms, making sure he knew I wanted nothing more than to slap him.

"What's your problem?"

"Well lets see. You ran into me, bruised my wrist, and tried to work your boyish charms on me to get me to forgive me."

"So you think I'm charming?" He smirked, annoying me even further.

Yep, just like Austen.

"Clean out your ears. I said you tried to work your boyish charms on me. You clearly didn't succeed."

He arched his eyebrows, shrugging his shoulders as he began to speak. "Anyways, I came over here to invite you and Brooklyn to my party. It's a party to get me noticed. It was Austen's idea."

"Well trust me, you're already being noticed. You're friends with Austen. Oh and I'm gonna have to say no to your offer. I don't attend parties with Jacka**'s like you." I spat, giving him a death glare.

"Um.. Okay...Well Brooklyn, would you like to go?" Ezra asked, confused at my bold statement. Dang right he is.

"I would love to, Ezra. Thank you for asking."

"Alright, then I will see you at my house tonight. It starts at nine but everyone will probably get there at ten. There's not an ending time and if you'd like to, you can stay the night. Everybody is."

"See you then." Brooklyn smiled, waving as he walked off.

"What the heck is wrong with you?!?" I yelled. "Why are you going to that stupid freakin' party?!?"

"Well I was thinking, if we went to this party, we could finally show Austen that you've moved on and he can't mess with you anymore."

"Are you crazy?!? Everyone is gonna talk about me and I don't know if I can face Austen again. Plus, my curfew is ten."

"Come on Kylie. You can do it. You can just sneak out. Your going to show everyone how strong you are. Who cares if people talk about you. They don't know you. But I do and I know you can do this. Show Austen you're stronger then what he makes you out to be."

"Ugh! I can't believe I'm doing this!"

She clapped her hands, squealing with joy. "Yay!"

I have no idea what I just got myself into. This is going to be one heck of a night.