Chapter 11

"Hey dad. I just wanted to call and let you know I'm home. I love you. Call me back once you get this message."

Since I'm home alone, my dad forced me to call him as soon as I get home and then once every hour so he knows I'm safe. He treats me like I'm five years old. I wish he would trust me. I know he's just doing it because he loves me, but it gets annoying sometimes.

I decided to take a shower before Ezra got here. Letting the warm water run over my body, I started to relax. I love taking showers. It's as if all of my stress and worries roll off of me and go down the drain, never to return. When I stepped out of the shower, I heard a loud knock on my front door, causing me to slip on the water.

Who in the heck could this be? Ezra isn't supposed to be here for another two hours.

Wrapping a cozy towel around my body, I tip toed down the stairs, grabbing a pan on my way. I heard a knock again except this one was softer.

"Kylie, it's Ezra. Open the door unless you want me to kick it in!" He yelled.

Seriously? I'm in a freakin' towel! Why in the heck did he show up this early!?

"Why are you here so early?" I asked, opening the door, clearly annoyed.

"I just got bored so I decided to go ahead and come here." He smirked, examining my body from head to toe.

"Whatever. Just come in. I'm going to get changed. Don't mess with anything."

"Aww. Why can't you just wear that? I won't mind." He grinned.

"I'm sure you wouldn't." I rolled my eyes, walking back up the stairs towards my room.

Since I didn't even want to be doing this, I just threw on a pair of gray sweatpants and a light blue tank top with spaghetti straps. I put my hair in a messy bun and left my face bare, not wanting to add any makeup. As I approached the living room, I saw Ezra laid out on my couch with his feet propped up on the coffee table. He was sloppily eating a bag of chips, dropping crumbs everywhere. He really needs to learn how to listen.

"Um... Excuse me? This is not your house. Either treat mine with respect or get out. Quit dropping crumbs everywhere and get your dang feet off of the coffee table!" I exclaimed, shoving his feet. "I told you not to touch anything!"

"Someone's bossy tonight. I was hungry and you were taking forever so I just helped myself."

He is so dang annoying!!

"If you want to work on this, don't be so disrespectful."

"I'm not being disrespectful. I'm just making myself at home." He smirked, shrugging his shoulders.

"Well don't. Lets get to work."

Twenty minutes later and we still haven't accomplished anything. Ezra's been doing everything except what we need to do.

"Ezra!!"

"That's my name, don't wear it out."

"You came here to work so let's work. I'm ready to get this over with." I sighed.

"How about we interview Austen? He's been with a lot of girls. I'm pretty sure he would have an opinion on young marriage."

He knows good and well I don't even want to be within one foot of Austen. I have no choice in the matter because I just had to run out of gas!

"No, we cannot interview him. There's hundreds of people we can interview besides him."

"You can't say no. I get to decide who we interview and I want to interview Austen first."