Chapter 16

I explained the whole date to Brooklyn, down to Ezra bringing me to his house and then the insane kiss we shared. She was going crazy. She couldn't believe I actually slept in the same bed as him.

"I bet y'all are gonna be dating in at-least two weeks tops. If not before then."

"No we're not! He's Austen's best friend.  We already know I would just end up heartbroken again."

She placed a hand on my shoulder, "No, we don't. Maybe Ezra's different. He seems sweeter than Austen and he seems to like you."

"Ezra doesn't like me. He may have kissed me when we played truth or dare but it was just so he wouldn't have to drink his own urine. Just give it up. Nothi'n is gonna happen between us. I don't even like him like that." I sighed, more than ready to end this conversation.

Honestly, I don't know if I like him in that way or not. Sure, that kiss was unbelievable but I don't wanna end up depressed all over again. It's just not worth it.

"Whatever you say, Kylie. Whenever you two end up falling head over hills for each other, I'm gonna say I told you so."

"We won't." I insisted.

Around eleven o'clock, my dad came home. Brooklyn decided to stay the night since it was getting late. She was sleeping in the guest room. She stays the night a lot so the guest room is practically hers. She has clothes in the closet and pictures on the walls. Brooklyn and I are sisters from different misters. I love her so much. I don't know what I would do without her.

My dad bought me a new iPhone 5C because he's been workin' late. That's his way of saying he's sorry. I would rather us spend time together than some new gadget. I love him, but I feel like our relationship is sinking deeper and deeper into this unending hole full of lost love and misery. Hopefully that'll change soon. If it doesn't, I'm going to explode.

I couldn't fall asleep so I decided to text Ezra and see if he was up.

To: The Players BestFriend

'Are you up? I can't fall asleep. :('

It took him a while to reply, but when he did, my heart started pounding.

'Yeah I'm up. I can't fall asleep either. Kept thinkin' about a certain someone. ;)'

Is he talking about me?

'Oh. Okay. How am I gonna fall asleep? I need to get up early for school.'

He never did reply. I was hoping we could stay up texting until I fell asleep. Apparently, he had a different plan. I jumped about twenty feet in the air when I heard rocks hitting my window. I tiptoed quietly to the place the noise was coming from, spotting a figure standing at the end of my house, tossing up small pebbles at my window. I noticed a familiar car parked in my neighbors driveway. Fighting the smile threatening to appear, I opened my window and yelled down at the crazy dude below.

"Ezra, what are you doing here? You're gonna wake up everyone in the dang neighborhood." I shouted just above a whisper.

He shrugged his shoulders, "Neither of us could fall asleep so I thought maybe we could try and fall asleep together."

"Are you crazy? My dad would kill you and me both if he saw us sleeping together!"

"Then I'll have to leave before he gets up." He stated, climbing up a tree that was a little taller than my house.

"Don't make a lot of noise. Brooklyn's sleeping in the room beside mine."

He finally made his way to the top of the tree, jumping from the long branch to my window. He was wearing black sweatpants and no shirt. I was staring at his abs until he coughed, interrupting me.