Chapter 18

I woke up to loud singing coming from the shower. I slowly pulled the covers off of me and walked towards the bathroom. I put my ear against the door and could faintly hear Ezra singing "All of Me" by John Legend. That song is so sweet. Ezra has a beautiful voice. I had no idea he could sing like that.

I fell straight onto my butt when the door flew open, revealing a half naked Ezra. He had a short towel wrapped around his waist. I was blushing so much that I could feel the heat when I put my hands on my face.

Ezra just smirked and offered me his hand. He pulled me up and gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek causing me to blush even more if that's even possible.

"Good morning gorgeous." He smiled.

"G-Good morning." I stuttered looking into his breath taking green eyes. "You have an amazing voice. I didn't know you could sing." I complimented him.

He blushed. "I can't really sing. I just sound good in the shower." He laughed.

"Whatever. You are really good Ezra. Have you ever considered entering a singing competition?" I asked.

"Yeah but I don't want a singing career. It's just not for me. It's something that I want to keep to myself so please don't tell anyone."

"I won't. But now that I know you can sing, you have to sing for me one day." I smirked.

"Of course. Anything for you." He smiled and pecked me on the lips.

"I'm going to take a shower. You should whip us up some of your delicious breakfast."

"Under one condition......."

"Yeah?" I asked, kind of nervous.

"Go on a date with me tonight."

I nervously twiddled with my fingers, "I have to write the paper for our project."

"Then write it as soon as you get home. I will give you the rest of the interviews when school ends."

"Okay. I'll go but if its a crappy paper, I'm blaming you."

"Do whatever you want as long as you come on this date with me."

"I'll go. Now, go make us some breakfast." I smiled, walking into the bathroom.

Wow. I'm going on a date with Ezra. Never in a million years would I have thought this would happen.

I turned on the water and surprisingly, the water was still warm. I jumped into the shower, relaxing as the warm water slid down my body.

Twenty minutes later, I was blow drying my hair. I decided to just straighten it and fishtail it to the side. I brushed my teeth and started applying my make up. Nothing too dark. Just some mascara, light brown eyeshadow, and some base. I looked in the mirror and once I was pleased with the way I looked, I walked into Ezra's bedroom and changed into my outfit for the day. I wasn't really in the 'dressy' mood so I just slipped on some miss me jeans and a neon pink hi-low shirt. I paired it with some black toms and some diamond studded earrings. I picked up my over-the-shoulder chevron purse and threw it over my neck. I quietly walked into the kitchen, hoping I would hear Ezra singing again. Luckily, he was. I recognized the song immediately. It was "You and I" by One Direction. It was one of my favorite songs. I was standing in the door way, leaning against the door frame. He was flipping the pancakes over and trying to take the muffins out of the oven at the same time. I would offer to help, but I would rather watch him.

"I know you're just trying to listen to my beautiful singing," he smirked looking up at me "but I could really use some help."

"Oh. Uh y-yeah. I'll get the muffins. You work on the pancakes." I stated, startled.

He handed me the oven mitten and I slowly took the muffins out, making sure I didn't burn myself. When I was around five years old, I was trying to help my mom cook so I decided to get the cookies out of the oven. Stupid decision. I ended up falling onto the oven rack and I burned my stomach. I still have a small scar right below me belly button.

I placed the muffins on the counter and got a plate down from the cabinet. I gently put the muffins on the plate and carried them to the small table in his kitchen.

"Thanks Kylie." Ezra smiled, putting the pancakes and sausage on the table.

He placed a plate in front of me and then him.

"Do you want milk or orange juice?" He asked.

"Um... I'll take chocolate milk if you have it."

"Yeah I do." He laughed.

"What's so funny?"

"I've never met a seventeen year old that drinks chocolate milk with her breakfast." He smirked.

"Well what can I say? I'm not normal."

"You're right. You're not normal......You're way better." He smiled, causing me to blush.

We slowly ate our breakfast, talking every now and then. He is such an amazing cook! He can cook, sing, kiss..... What else can he do?

I walked over to the sink and washed my dishes.

"I can wash the dishes you know."

"Yeah I know you can, but it would be disrespectful of me to just throw my dishes in there and leave." I argued.

"Whatever you say cupcake." He grinned.

I was about to go to his room and retrieve my bag that had all of my dirty clothes and make-up in it, but my phone ringing stopped me.

"Hello?"

"Hey Kylie. I need to leave now. My mom is pissin' me off and if I don't go now, I'm gonna get in some serious trouble." Brooklyn declared, annoyed.

"Uh... Okay. I'll be there in about five to ten minutes. Just wait outside or down the street until I get there. You don't need to get in trouble again. If you do...."

"Yeah I know." She interrupted me. "Just hurry up and get here." She hung up.

"I have to go. Brooklyn needs me to pick them up early." I kissed him on the cheek and walked towards the front door.

"What about your stuff?" He asked.

"Just bring it with you to school and I will get it from you. Thanks for breakfast. I had fun." I smiled and walked out of the door.

I started my truck and backed up out of his driveway. I was driving over the speed limit to get to Brooklyn's but I didn't care. She cannot get in trouble again. After about seven minutes, I finally made it to Brooklyn's. She was pacing back and forth in front of their mailbox.

I honked the horn and she ran to my truck with Cody right behind her. Her face was red, I'm guessing from anger.

"Hey are you okay? What happened?" I asked, driving to school.

"My mom told me I couldn't go out on the weekends anymore. Apparently, she found out about the party last weekend." She sighed.

"Great. Now you're gonna be stuck in your house every weekend and I'm gonna be all by myself."

"Who said I was gonna be at my house every weekend?"

"But... You just said....."

"Just because my mom says I have to doesn't mean I'm actually going to. I can sneak out." She shrugged her shoulders.

"You can't get in any more trouble Brooklyn!!" I exclaimed. "You know what will happen!!"

"Yeah I do but I'm not gonna stop having fun because of her idiotic rules. I'm a teenager. I'm gonna live a little." She rolled her eyes.

"Whatever. If you get in trouble again, I'm not gonna help you. It's gonna be all on you." I warned her.

"I know, Kylie. Just drive to school."

The rest of the ride to school, Cody and I kept our mouths shut. When Brooklyn gets mad, you don't mess with her.

When we got to school, everyone was standing in a circle around.... A fight? I stepped out of the truck and walked over to the crowd of people. When I noticed who was fighting, I was speechless.